• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New humidor

sned45

I'm about to order this 25 - 50 humidor from cheaperhumidor.com and being new to cigars I was wondering what you guys thought about the 5 Pack of Amazing Premium Gurkha Cigars for 29.99. Is this offer something I should pass on or would I be a fool not to buy them.

IMHO get a bigger humidor and pass on the sticks. Go to our BST section and for the 29.99 you can find some better sticks.

Sned,
As a newbie myself, let me be the first to say: the search function is your friend. You'll find everything you're looking for. Trust me. You'll learn so damned much, you'll spend all of your money on humis, electronic hygrometers, beads, coolers and cigars. I know this, because I'm now enrolled in a 12-step program to help me quit this site. I've been here a week.

May the Force be with you.

Oh, and welcome!

Seriously. Spend a day immersed in the archive. The Truth is out there.

Cheers!

Concur with bigger. I just started up a few months ago while in Afghanistan and now have two vinotemps (one full and one on its way.) And for the price I paid for those two fridges I would only be able to buy a 150-250 humi. Peruse the forums and you will find way more than enough information.

And listen to Spad - those intel guys are pretty smart sometimes.

BUY BIG!!!! Just get it over with now because you will eventually have boxes and boxes of cigars with no end in site.

Buy humi big enough that you can't imagine ever filling, then buy the next size up. I went from a 75ct to a 1000 count in less than 6 months. So buy BIG! Oh and by the way, welcome to CP. Have fun, read, search and have fun.

Mark

I have to agree with these guys. You might think at first that since you smoke maybe once in a while or even one or two a week that if you buy a humidor and manage to fill it up with 100 smokes, you'll be sitting on all these smokes, and they'll never get smoked!

But the more into this hobby/lifestyle you get, the more you learn about collecting rare ones, and purchasing for aging, and of course BOMBING and PASSING! The most fun things to do here :)

So there's nothing wrong with having a 75 ct. humidor, it'll always be useful even if only for a drybox. But just realize that in a couple months you'll be looking into converting a simple Coleman cooler into a coolidor... which costs next to nothing.

Good luck!

Listen to the crowd here. You will need more room in the near future.
Trust us.. We all went through it. :D

FWIW, I'd suggest getting something inexpensive in the 75ct. range. You're still very new to cigars, and you may not take to cigars like the rest of us addicts. It would be just big enough to hold a good collection of singles to try out and develope your tastes. Then down the road (months for some of us, years for others) you can move on to the cooler/vinotemp storage level. It's kind of like a trial period...start small and master the in's and out's of storage. Plus, you're not out that much money yet!!!! More money for beads, hygro, and of course, cigarbid!! :D Just my opinion.

Derek

You guys in cigarbid! I do not see the interest whatsoever in that site. I guess it's just they never have ANYTHING I smoke for auction, but aside from that I guess I can see why some people might like it, they prices seem fairly reasonable.

You guys in cigarbid! I do not see the interest whatsoever in that site. I guess it's just they never have ANYTHING I smoke for auction, but aside from that I guess I can see why some people might like it, they prices seem fairly reasonable.

That is probably not a bad thing since once you start on there it is hard to stop!!