• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Product - Cigar Moisture Detector

Absolutecigars.com

Absolutecigars.com is pleased to announce this exciting new product, now in stock...

If you have valuable cigars in your humidor, read on:

THE 'DRI-DAMP' CIGAR MOISTURE DETECTOR
Cigar Aficionado "Cigar Toy of The Month"

This instrument tests the actual moisture content of an individual cigar.
A calibrator analyzes the cigar, without damage, via a thin metal probe
inserted into the cut end of the cigar. A meter shows if the cigar is dry
moist or ready to smoke. Reading appears in seconds.
Hit "reset" button and you're ready to test another smoke.
Powered by 1 AAA battery. Patent pending

Return for ANY reason within 30 Days for full credit. GUARANTEED.
Introductory Price: $39.95

See the new 'DRI-DAMP' under "Specials" at our site at:
www.Absolutecigars.com

...this & over 1,300 other cigar products.

REMEMBER:
Order by 2pm, get NextDay delivery on ANY sized cigar order
Feel free to contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
E-mail inquiries answered within hours, 24 hours a day

Toll free: 877 883-CIGAR (2442)
www.Absolutecigars.com

Anyone ever try one of these? Sounds interesting.

Hi Rod,

FYI, we just started carrying them this week, and the manufacturer (in Rockford, IL) tells us they launched it in Dec 2001, so probably not too many out there yet.

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com

Who's the manufacturer? I live about 45 minutes from Rockford and would love to see a demonstration before forking over $40

I'd be happy to report my findings to the rest of the board.....

Dave

Wow kind of sounds like one of those "water me indicators" for plants. Whoda thunkit?

Dave,

I'd be happy to provide address and contact info for the manufacturer if you'd like to check them out. They're always very happy to do demos. We were convinced and decided to pick up the product after seeing their demo at the 2001 RTDA.

Alternatively, to save you the 45 minutes, I'd be willing to send you one to evaluate. If you're satisfied you can pay for it, if for whatever reason you're not, you can send it back to us.

E-mail me at MikeG@Absolutecigars.com and we can sort it out.

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com

:D I can't help but think about cigar proctologist or cigar ob/gyn for this one, you know the kind...puts on the glove, prepares that one special finger, inserts-probes....yeeeehawwww.........

...sorry, sounds like a fun toy!  Dave, tell us all when ya get to try it!!  :thumbs:

Yikes Horse!  Although not the image we want in people's minds when they think of the Dri-Damp, you're not all wrong here.  Like a Proc-Doc, you gotta get right in there to see what your dealing with! :0 Ouch!  Anyway that's what this gadget does: needle-like probe goes a half inch into cut end and takes a reading from the very center of the smoke.

Congrats on your CF Opus win.  Did you meet with Carlito yet?  I saw him at the DC Big Smoke a few nights ago.  Super-nice guy.  Took time to talk to everyone who approached him.

Enjoy your smokes!

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com

Why don't you go ahead and send me the address. I'm in the process of packing for a move to the new house and wouldn't want it to get lost in the shuffle.
I don't think this is something I really need right now, so I wouldn't want to shell out the $40, but I'd still be happy to check 'em out at the factory and give a report to the group...

Dave :thumbs:

Thanks Mike,

Naw, I haven't had the pleasure. Today's the big day for the mini-Ybor City herf tho when he's to pass off the OPUS's to Rudy. A little thing of about 1500 miles keeping me from going. Someday tho. ;)

Guys I had a tranaction with these guys that Mike took care of. But a tranaction with the Canadian branch (Jeff Cohen) was a miserable excuse for acceptable buissness practice.

Michael,

As I requested on another thread, please contact me personally on this issue and give me the opportunity to make right any wrong that may have been done.

We serve thousands of customers, and as any retailer knows, occasionally problems pop-up, occasionally mistakes are made. Any retailer that says any different...I'd steer clear of. We're a reputable company and if we make a mistake we rectify it with a refund, credit or free merchandise as per the wishes of the customer.

I can't help you though if I don't know who you are and what the problem was. Again please e-mail me at MikeG@Absolutecigars.com and we'll take care of you.

I think this is fair.

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com
E-mail: MikeG@Absolutecigars.com

Dave,

Message sent with all the address & contact details. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Regards,

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com

Thanks Mike - I'll give them a call when it looks like I'll be heading out to the Rockford area again...

Dave :)

OK Mike.. I found a free minute!
I want to let everyone know that MIke here has made a sincere effort and took some I'm sure very valueable time in looking into my undesired transaction and is makeing leaps and bounds in rectafying this deal. He is a credit to public relations and I am happy to say I think he has succeeded in changing my opinion on his company. I am a very small fish in this pond but he treated me with all the respect of a big fish! Thanks Mike!