• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Smoker's Experience With Onyx Robusto

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I smoked my first Onyx Reserve last night. It was the strongest cigar I have EVER tasted. I noticed a distinct spicy flavor and a feeling that made me wish I had a fuller stomach! I now know what people mean when they refer to "flavor bombs".

I cant say its the strongest I've every smoked but it is a great cigar with a long full draw. This is one of those great bang for your buck cigars. :thumbs: Good maddie!

Well describe flavor bomb my man...I have had pepper bombs, but no flavor bombs...Anyone have 1 or 2 that they want to trade. I am sure I have something in my 'dor that would be appreciated.

Emo

Emo, this one may have been a pepper bomb, but I think that might be a subcategory of flavor bomb. Generally, I think of a flavor bomb as a cigar that floods your senses with the taste that characterizes the cigar. This Onyx did just that, virtually overpowering me with the spiciness.

Emo, I have a box due here any day. Ordered them Tuesday night via 3 day ups. I will send you one when it shows.. :)

Hmmm, I might have to get me one of these flavor bombs. Actually wait a second. I have 2 in my humi now.... A robusto and a churchill, or it might be a lonsdale... I don't recall Onyx ever being that strong though, it always came across as almost a fruity, coconut/chocolate taste to me. Has it changed in the past few years? Last time I had smoked an Onyx was jeez, about 2 years ago.

Someone spark it and fire up a review.. MPC, can you give a little more detail on that stick? Could you 'taste' the flavor, or was it just overwhelming like say a *cough, forgive me* Acid cigar?

Smokin, they are talking about the Onyx RESERVES. Apparently this is a somewhat newer line being produced by Onyx. The Reserve recently received a 89 rating from CA on the #2 Belicosa. They also advertise having gotten a 94 on one of this line, though it doesn't seem to appear in the CA database.

These are a really nice strong flavorful smoke! Definately a "must try". And LOTS of bang for the buck. Around here they sell for 7$ a stick

Firestorm, the 94 rating was in CI iirc, on the mini belicoso. They were in a recent CA and got an 86, I think. I agree that they are quite strong and flavorful. I've had a couple with burn problems, others burn great. $7 seems spendy for the mini beli, you're in Cali right? Here in CO they're about $4.50 I believe. Overall, not bad, but not on my "must have" list. Worth a try, for sure, especially if you like maddies.

Actually THEIR reviews were on the Belle.....The one I bought, and subsequently bought a box of was the Toro.  I prefer the 6 inch range and 48-53 rings, so usually the Toro, Torbusto, pyramids and torpedoes are the sizes I shoot for.  I loved it by the way!

Picked one of these bad boys up yesterday....

As Emeril would say...

BAM! That is one little kick in the pants. Nice, spicy, powerful little torpedo. Couldn't nub it. Was not expecting it to be as strong as it was. But wow. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Must get more...

Mmmmm

BOOM!
:thumbs:

I always enjoy them with a dark beer or a rum and coke..offsets the spice a bit...full stomach is strongly advised hower!

Rofl... you are awesome Dawn! :love:

Not only smokes cigars but has discriminating palate also!!

Pulled out the Onyx Reserve Robusto from my pass and took it to the country-side Saturday for a Sunday kinda drive. Like I've said before...I'm a walking nicotine stick and as yet, have not found that arse kicker yet. Still have not.
But when I unwrapped it, the cello was a nice shade of tan. Someone had this sitting around a while before putting this in the pass. Yummy :D