• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Spin on the Cigar Pass

rnccen

I don't have a title
I am starting a new cigar pass with a little twist.

Please email for details to marking@estrategis.net

There are a few slots left

Thanks

Paul

I stumbled across this forum after searching Google..I came from CigarBids.com forum

Any other questions

Paul

Now where did I put the Popcorn Emoticon, Oh well......

Popcorn, get your Popcorn

PuroBrat said:
Now where did I put the Popcorn Emoticon, Oh well......

Popcorn, get your Popcorn
Hmm..you must have visited Terrell Owens new Philly Site

Anyway if your interested send me an email or pm

Do you have a thread open somewhere where we can read about this pass publicly? Or are you going to be keeping this hush-hush?

I was just going to email it to those interested but I will gladly post here

Cigar Trade Club

Thank you for your interest in the new trade club, essentially it will work much
like the existing birthday clubs however with a slight twist as outlined below.

Membership limited to maximum of 12 people

It will run for 12 months and be renewed annually

The concept not a new one but I feel more beneficial for all members.

What I ask is that each member sends in 5 cigars in each month by a specific
date that they enjoy to myself. Once all the cigars are in or those that
contribute that month, I will then redistribute them and return 5 cigars to the
members that participated that month.

This way each month each member get 5 cigars every month that the other members
enjoy.

Obviously participation is the key….Think of it as a variety of the month cigar
club.

I will cover the shipping back to each member each month and will forward an
email to each member of the months selections sent.

If you have questions please ask

If you are interested please forward your name and address to
marking AT estrategis.net

Thanks

Paul Marking

Without having established yourself on this board, it'll be hard for me (and I'm sure a few others) to trust a relative new guy with an idea like this. While it is good, it also seems very suspicious. Based on what you've posted, this means every month, you will be paying out $50 in shipping charges with no gains for yourself?

Take what I said for what it's worth. ???

I can understand the concerns, I am not out for gain just an opportunity to get a broader sample of cigars from others.

While I don't expect all members to participate each month though it would be nice.

As for shipping not really an issue as I ship from my business. To ship 10 or so small packages not really a big deal even at my expense.

I am not looking for any financial gain, it would work better this way than to go and purchase 5 packs of something that may go to waste if I don't like it. This way people have a chance to rotate stock with very little effort and little cost.

If people don't wish to participate then so be it. We were all new to the board at one point.

Paul

Paul -- you might have a fun idea, but until you've either got a track record here or a couple of people to vouch for you, you're trying to make a really, really tough putt.

I suggest you hang around for a while, make friends, do a few trades, post and contribute, and host a box pass (with your own smokes, of course). Trust given will be trust returned.

I guess I could try to be more constructive, rather than just offer up popcorn so here goes.

Paul, I am sure you are a good guy with good ententions here, but as you might understand, when you have nothing at all in your profile, and we don't know you, we are bound to be a little suspicious of a plan such as this. Many guys here have been burned by posters on these boards, and we do expect to get to know a guy a bit before we just up and send cigars to him. I hope you understand.

Paul, I'm sure you mean no harm, but being that this is still a virtual community, we can't help but be suspicious. Perhaps there will be some less skeptical than myself who will be willing to play.

Wish this pass the best, and good luck. Welcome to CP. :)

I completely understand guys & gals...no harm no foul.

If someone else wishes to pick up the idea and run with it please be my guest.

Maybe I'll kick off a box pass & pray that it comes back my way as I also have been burned.

Anyone up for one?

Paul

Come up with an idea for a pass, establish rules, starting sticks, and participation requirements. Then open it up for registration. :thumbs:

rnccen,
Try introducing yourself in the lobby, and filling out your profile. This is a somewhat close (not closed) community and it helps if people get to know you (or someone that does know you vouches that you are a stand up person).

Go for it Paul, I do not believe we ever lost a box pass here. Too many CPers would hop a plane and go on an A$$Kickin trip if someone tried that here. We stick togeter and take good care of each other. This place is more like Family. I hope you hang with us and see that for yourself. You couldn't ask for a greater bunch of guys to hang with.

Welcome to CP by the way, i don't think I have said that yet. :D

Welcome to CP rnccen.
Post some info about yourself and get to know the family.
All a great bunch of people. :)

What quality stick's are going to be in the pass? Are there set limit's?
Welcome to CP ;)

First of all, welcome to CP - nice to have a new person on board. :D

Second of all, this is not a pass. Moved to [Cigar Discussion].

Dave ;)