• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tatuaje

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
There's a post in the HERFs section for a Reno HERF sponsored by FUMARE cigars where they will smoke a new Tatuaje, a red label 'EL'. Since I couldn't find any information about it, I emailed Pete about it, basically this is what he said: the new cigar at the FUMARE event is a prototype for an as of yet unnamed somewhat limited run red label Tatuaje. The blend on it will be a bit stronger than the normal red, "leaning towards the brown" as he put it. As for a release date, he wants to get them out around RTDA time.

So yeh, a new Tatuaje for a new year, I hope that's a trend they can continue :)

Maybe someone going to the Reno thing can nab us a picture or two?

Speaking of these, how does the Havana VI compare to the Miamis? I've been meaning to try one, since they're priced so well, but I don't want it to be money wasted.

I really hate that I can't be there but I read the thread too late. Can't make a 2 hour drive that day :angry:

There's a post in the HERFs section for a Reno HERF sponsored by FUMARE cigars where they will smoke a new Tatuaje, a red label 'EL'. Since I couldn't find any information about it, I emailed Pete about it, basically this is what he said: the new cigar at the FUMARE event is a prototype for an as of yet unnamed somewhat limited run red label Tatuaje. The blend on it will be a bit stronger than the normal red, "leaning towards the brown" as he put it. As for a release date, he wants to get them out around RTDA time.

So yeh, a new Tatuaje for a new year, I hope that's a trend they can continue :)

Did you ask what MSRP was gonna be?

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

I didn't ask because that seems to be a later decision. If it's priced like the Brown label is priced in comparision to its 'Reserva', then it might not even be that much more expensive than the standard red. The point is that we know how the red's are priced, it's safe to assume this one isn't going to be much more, if at all more, than $8.

Oh yeh, one thing I left out was the size, it's 5 5/8x54.

Thanks for the info

I didn't ask because that seems to be a later decision. If it's priced like the Brown label is priced in comparision to its 'Reserva', then it might not even be that much more expensive than the standard red. The point is that we know how the red's are priced, it's safe to assume this one isn't going to be much more, if at all more, than $8.

Oh yeh, one thing I left out was the size, it's 5 5/8x54.
I'll post pics following the event. The cigar will measure 5 x 56 ( or thereabouts) and wil be the only extension to the red label sizes. It will eventually have a secondary ( "EL" band ) right below the primary band much like the Cojonu, Reserva lines. MSRP is yet to be determined.

moki you got any scoop on this?

from Pete:

The new "EL" red label does not have a name yet but we are tasting a prototype at Fumare on the 27th. This is the blend that I will most likely use but we rushed these samples to have ready for the Fumare event. The blend is a bit stronger than the normal Red leaning towards the Brown profile. The prototype size is 5 5/8 x 54. This might change slightly. The cigars will be double banded and come in boxes of 20. The first year we will only make around 2000 boxes. These will be available sometime around the RTDA show in Houston as part of our RTDA specials.