• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tupperdor

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Went to Bed Bath & Beyond today to pick up a cooler. Would you believe they didnt have any?! So I got a big plastic storage bin instead. It has a top that latches on so the seal seemed decent. Threw in a half a pound of beads. I'll see what the humidity is at in a few hours. If its not airtight enough I have plenty of other uses for it and will keep looking for a big cooler.

Question - While there I picked up some aromatic cedar peices (couple a bucks for a bag full) that are meant for use in a closet. Would these be good to throw in the humidor, or do you need spanish cedar specifically?

No, do not put the cedar pieces in your new coolerdor.

Spanish cedar is not actually cedar.

Question - While there I picked up some aromatic cedar peices (couple a bucks for a bag full) that are meant for use in a closet. Would these be good to throw in the humidor, or do you need spanish cedar specifically?

No. Don't use them. I'm sure someone else will come along and explain what it will do, but I do know they will taint your cigars. If you want cedar, just use some empty cigar boxes.

Ok, thanks guys, I figured it was no good but it was like $2 for a bag so I figured I'll grab one just in case. I'll just throw in my closet like they are made for.

The coolerdor is actually earmarked pretty much just for boxes, so the cedar is taken care of anyway.

I'm going to go to Bed Bath and Beyond sometime this week and look for a small tupperware type container. My cooler I just found is bigger than I can stock right now and I really have no place for it.

I'm hoping to find something somewhat flat that I can slide under a bed.

That had flat ones with wheels. Would be perfect. I thought about getting that to slide under the bed but decided to get something a bit bigger and throw it in a closet.

Thanks. I'm going to go look when I get some time this week. That sounds like exactly what I need. I have no extra space but under beds anymore lol.