• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Vid :)

Hey there,

I'm not sure if it's the case still, but in years past the only members who are allowed to link to outside sites like yours are sponsors. They support the site financially and for that they are allowed to advertise in their sigtags. Unless Rod changed the rule and I missed it.

It's nice that you're trying to contribute with your videos though, carry on! :thumbs:

I looked before posting and didn't see anything, but if that's the case sorry! It would be a shame, though, since I'm not selling anything it's just good fun.

Oh crap, I'm sorry, I was referring to your sigtag. But since I appear to have left that out it would make my post a complete failure. Sorry, I was referring to your sigtag, not your post itself.

I had a conversation with Rod about this awhile back when it was brought up. He indicated that there is no real restriction on the sig tag links. There was something more to it that I may be overstating. Perhaps Rod can clarify better.

Geoff

I had a conversation with Rod about this awhile back when it was brought up. He indicated that there is no real restriction on the sig tag links. There was something more to it that I may be overstating. Perhaps Rod can clarify better.

Geoff

I think there is a rule against sig tags that contain the letters U, S and C or any combination of the two....... :sign:

In the past Rod has asked members not to promote their for profit sites or other forums in their sig tags, but that may have changed.

Geoff

I think there is a rule against sig tags that contain the letters U, S and C or any combination of the two....... :sign:

In the past Rod has asked members not to promote their for profit sites or other forums in their sig tags, but that may have changed.
I'll ignore the SC crack, but I might start posting dirty pictures on your FB page. LOL

The only restrictions I have with sig tags are the following:

1.) Links to other cigar forums/competing websites are strictly prohibited.
2.) Links to vulgar/obscene websites are strictly prohibited.

We used to have a rule (many years ago) which prevented cigar businesses from linking to their store. With so many retailers posting specials at CP, I've lifted this restriction. As long as the sig is not too big, I'm fine with it.

If someone is here only to promote their website/business, they will be asked to leave, or simply be banned. This hasn't really been a problem.

Bryan - Nice website, keep the videos coming.

Rod

Geoff

I'll ignore the SC crack, but I might start posting dirty pictures on your FB page. LOL

Ha! :blush: