• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Werner Herzog Film

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
I've been a huge fan of Herzog since I saw Fitzcarraldo, Herzog is a beast. I thought his newest movie might have some appeal for the folks on the board - it's the story of the US Navy pilot who was rescued in 1966 in a Laotian jungle after going through, uh, hell. Given Herzog's love of the impossible (he literally convinced his crew to drag a steamboat over a mountain in the Amazon while shooting Fitzcarraldo), and Christian Bale's acting chops, I think this film has the possibility to be the best/most important war film since Saving Private Ryan.

Anyhow here's some press on it:

from Slate

HD Trailer from Apple

so I looked up Fitzcarraldo,

Plot Outline:
Kinski plays the title role of an obsessed opera lover who wants to build an opera in the jungle. To accomplish this he first has to make a fortune in the rubber business, and his cunning plan involves hauling an enormous river boat across a small mountain with aid from the local indians.

ummm I think I'm a bit out of my element with either of these.

And as the Slate article points out, if you're going to see something in a Herzog film - he's going to actually have it performed in front of his camera.

I've seen "Grizzly Man," "Incident at Loch Ness" and, of course, "Fitzcarraldo." Not bad. I'm a fan of Christian Bale's films, so I'll definitely be giving this one a try.

Hey TYFNS,
I'm new to the Werner Herzog films (and have yet - GASP !! - seen Fitzcaraldo or Aquillera (spelling massacred). What I have seen of Herzog's films (Grizzly Man, My Best Fiend, Echoes of a Sombre Empire) I've absolutely loved.

Any idea when this movie is going to be released? a good friend of mine is a huge Herzog fan and will be delighted to see this one too.

Thanks!
Darren

Hey TYFNS,
I'm new to the Werner Herzog films (and have yet - GASP !! - seen Fitzcaraldo or Aquillera (spelling massacred). What I have seen of Herzog's films (Grizzly Man, My Best Fiend, Echoes of a Sombre Empire) I've absolutely loved.

Any idea when this movie is going to be released? a good friend of mine is a huge Herzog fan and will be delighted to see this one too.

Thanks!
Darren

July 27. And you should definitely see Fitzcarraldo, it's probably my favorite of his movies.