• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Years Cigars

classyndry

on injured reserve
I have some friends coming over and I'm footing the bill. Some of my friends are really only special occasion cigar smokers, and also some friends of friends that I don't know well will be coming. I was thinking about the padron 1000 series, but then I realized its probably too strong for some. I considered some cabaiguans, but I don't really want to spend too much. I can't really think of a good mild-medium bodied cigar to pick up for everyone. What will you be smoking, and let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

If I had thought about it sooner, I might have been able to pick up some short stories online or maybe some kind of bundle cigar.

I passed out some Por Larranaga Cuban Grades at a party Friday night and they were a big hit. You can pick up a box of 20 for $40 at CI.

How about you go with the Padrons for yourself and the established smokers. Then get some Chateau Fuentes for the unknown company. Its a milder, shorter, CHEAPER smoke. That way if folks don't finish them (and odds are there will be people who won't) and you find wasted cigars in the ashtray at the end of the night you wont be as pissed. You can get these for $3.50/$3.75 a stick all day long. In order to keep people from feeling slighted just say I didn't know how many cigars smokers were coming so I just grabbed some extras for whomever wanted them.

How about you go with the Padrons for yourself and the established smokers. Then get some Chateau Fuentes for the unknown company. Its a milder, shorter, CHEAPER smoke. That way if folks don't finish them (and odds are there will be people who won't) and you find wasted cigars in the ashtray at the end of the night you wont be as pissed. You can get these for $3.50/$3.75 a stick all day long. In order to keep people from feeling slighted just say I didn't know how many cigars smokers were coming so I just grabbed some extras for whomever wanted them.

That is a good plan man! :thumbs: But next time when you have more time think of this: I always keep a box of Cuban Quinteros on hand for occasions like this. They are good and pretty consistant, most people would enjoy them. And they get a kick out of being able to smoke a "Cuban!" They are a $2 smoke! :D

Those are both excellent ideas. Hopefully I'll get some free time soon and I'll be able to plan ahead for my next get together.

Sticking with the milder Fuente idea, another great, relatively inexpensive smoke are the 858 maduro.

I have some friends coming over and I'm footing the bill. Some of my friends are really only special occasion cigar smokers, and also some friends of friends that I don't know well will be coming. I was thinking about the padron 1000 series, but then I realized its probably too strong for some. I considered some cabaiguans, but I don't really want to spend too much. I can't really think of a good mild-medium bodied cigar to pick up for everyone. What will you be smoking, and let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

I recommend the El Rey Del Mundo Rectangulares, natural, for newer smokers. Medium bodied, tasty and best of all, can be had for $2 and change.

As for myself, still haven't figured what I'm smoking. Haven't thought about it much yet.

I am probably going to go with Rocky Patel, The Edge corojo. I've not tried it before and am not overly superstitious, but being on the edge of a New Year it seems kinda right.... that's if my wife and I stay home.

If we go to Baltimore, I will probably pick up a stick at a B&M, maybe a Padron 1926

I'm thinking I'm going to break out an Ashton VSG from the humi. I haven't had one yet, and I think it'll probably be a good new year smoke. Then maybe a Boli PC isom. (if I'm not passed out by then :whistling: )

I'm thinking I'm going to break out an Ashton VSG from the humi. I haven't had one yet, and I think it'll probably be a good new year smoke. Then maybe a Boli PC isom. (if I'm not passed out by then :whistling: )

I found the VSG mild, not what I would consider a special occasion cigar...but that's just by two pennies.

Just a suggestion for your friends that don't smoke much. Don Diego is tasty affordable and very mild. OR Fuente Curly Heads are mild and less than two dollars a stick A box costs about $45 for 25 cigars.

On the other hand I will be smoking an Opus DC at the beginning of the evening, and the midnight smoke will be a Trinidad Lancero ISOM thanks to one of our BOTL. The New Years Day menu includes a Tat Black, an Opus Perfecxion X or a No.2 and a CAO Odyssey 2004.

Any of our CP members in the Northern VA, DC area that would like to come to our New Years Open House, send me a PM. There will be a few S/BOTL of the leaf and CP there. Love to meet you in person.

Happy New Year All.

A good friend sent me two Winston Churchill Marrakesh---one for me, one for my "Shield Brother," who I'll be celebrating with. So, those are a given. I threw a Shark in the travel humi as well, just in case! :D

~Boar

Just a suggestion for your friends that don't smoke much. Don Diego is tasty affordable and very mild. OR Fuente Curly Heads are mild and less than two dollars a stick A box costs about $45 for 25 cigars.

On the other hand I will be smoking an Opus DC at the beginning of the evening, and the midnight smoke will be a Trinidad Lancero ISOM thanks to one of our BOTL. The New Years Day menu includes a Tat Black, an Opus Perfecxion X or a No.2 and a CAO Odyssey 2004.

Any of our CP members in the Northern VA, DC area that would like to come to our New Years Open House, send me a PM. There will be a few S/BOTL of the leaf and CP there. Love to meet you in person.

Happy New Year All.

Wish I could talk me wife into making the drive down from Central Ohio, but it's not likely.

As for my New Years Eve/Day smokes I've got a My Father, Kristoff Maduro, Power Ranger, Hemingway Between the Lines, Anejo Shark, CAO LX2 and 601 Oscuro on my short list. We'll see how many I get to.

I got my first Opus X Reserva, I plan on burning it to celebrate the new year. roberthogan has a pretty darn good list if you ask me. I'll take the power ranger and the BTL, thank you. Oh, and just for good measure, throw in the shark while you're at it. Just kiddin buddy

I'll be enjoying a Cuban Romeo y Julieta Romeo #3 that I picked up at Marmel in Mazar I Sharif. I figure it is a grand way to end one year and start a new one. I'll be joined by my brothers in arms at Kunduz Air Base, Afghanistan. Yup, another holiday on the road!

Enjoy the new year!!

Cheers,

Tony

I'll be enjoying a Cuban Romeo y Julieta Belicoso that I picked up at Marmel in Mazar I Sharif. I figure it is a grand way to end one year and start a new one. I'll be joined by my brothers in arms at Kunduz Air Base, Afghanistan. Yup, another holiday on the road!

Enjoy the new year!!

Cheers,

Tony

My home fires will be burning in tribute to you guys Tony.

Hopefully it doesnt get too cold here. I will be enjoying a '64 Padron and a Tat Black.
I suggest you smoke your most special stick and enjoy the heck out of it. :D
Happy New Years everyone!!!

Back