• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb here!

christ0pher

hispanohablante
Well well..I have already managed to ask some questions in the humidor, but I'll follow through on the formalities.

I'm fairly new to cigar smoking. I started back last summer, with cheapos and whatnot. I thought, man, this has to be better. Why else would someone do it? Then I realized I wasn't smoking real cigars! I looked into premium cigars and did many searches only to stumble upon this place. It's great!

I made an order of some singlels that I received just a couple of days ago and got a Sancho Panza DM, Indian Tabac Super Fuerte, Punch Punch, Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Cuban Corona, and a Victor Sinclair Bohemian Bamboo North Beach.

Had the North Beach a couple of nights ago, it was damn good!
Tonight I decided on the fuente...Perhaps my expectations were a big high from reading of their quality, but it wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. I'm not sure what I like yet though (if you can't tell from my order!) so I'm dabbling quite a bit here.

I plan on collecting the bands from all of the cigars I smoke, at least the first of each kind (no dupes). Anyone else do this? I'm not sure exactly why I do it, but they are very exquisite and make my eyes happy.

Glad to be here.

Chris

Welcome to CP Chris!

As far as I can tell, CP bylaws says you must send the first person who welcomes you when you make your first intro gets a stick from you. Since you mentioned what you had, I'll take the Punch Punch :p

Robert

Hey Chris!! Glad ya made it over here. We've gotta get out New Guy trade going ;) :thumbs:

I'll hook ya up :thumbs:

BrownDevil said:
Welcome to CP Chris!

As far as I can tell, CP bylaws says you must send the first person who welcomes you when you make your first intro gets a stick from you. Since you mentioned what you had, I'll take the Punch Punch :p

Robert
[snapback]156011[/snapback]​

Chris, I think Robert wants a double "punch" to the head :laugh:

Hey,
Yeah I do it too. I keep them in a little leather journal type deal.

WELCOME ABOARD!

Howdy Chris and welcome to CP from Sunny Central Florida...... :) :thumbs: :)

Welcome, Chris...

I used to keep the bands in a little black book with notes, but it got to be too much damn work. Now I just shove 'em into the pocket of my jacket and empty it once every coupla weeks. It's kinda cool pulling out a small handful of bands as a reminder of what I've been smoking lately. Maybe I'll just start tossing them into a jar or something...

Anyway, welcome. You'll like it here.

-- Steve

Welcome to your new cigar home!

stevehawk said:
Welcome, Chris...

I used to keep the bands in a little black book with notes, but it got to be too much damn work. Now I ust shove 'em into the pocket of my jacket and empty it once every coupla weeks. It's kinda cool pulling out a small handful of bands as a reminder of what I've been smoking lately. Maybe I'll just start tossing them into a jar or something...

Anyway, welcome. You'll like it here.

-- Steve
[snapback]156080[/snapback]​

I agree. I also used to keep and catelogue them. Something about making a humidor and putting them under varnish on the top. BAHAHAH :laugh: :sign: . I also used to keep all the cigar boxes, I thought someday when I had enough I would cover a humidor inside and out. BAHAHAHAHA :sign: :laugh: . I have yet to do any of that and it's my own damn fault. Not enough time. Welcome!

Welcome Chris!. Good to have you havet you in our asylu.......uh........forum. :D

Welcome from Duncan, Oklahoma.

So, how many Okies are members now?

Welcome to the CP family ! :D

If you have a glass top over your desk, table or bar counter, you
can put the cigar bands underneath the glass. It looks even better
with a black background (construction paper or felt). It's quick and
easy to do and it looks pretty cool. ;)