• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb Humi Help

Jesuswept

Oh, the horror!
Hi,
I've seasoned my new humi and I got some of vipers beads.
I have the Revello Humi and Heartfelt Aluminum Bead Holder 65%. My humidity level seems to be staying at 59%.I've put a few cigars in the Humi and nothing has really changed. How can I get my humidity level to 65%? Should I add a 1oz Humi-Tube (up to 50-75 count humi)?

Thanks for any advice :)

Have you calibrated your hygrometer to make sure it is accurate?

I have the WESTERN Caliber 3 and it says it was factory calibrated.
I guess I should do that salt test on it.

ohhh I just looked at instructions and it says in bold letters, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM THE SALT TEST.

Western guarantee's accuracy +/-1% Give them a call Jan helped me and my 1st one was off 4%, I now have 3, When there side by side there all the same :)

i can think of a thread on how not to take advice and how not to set up your humidor :whistling:
but seriously, sounds like you put your cigars in too early...it took me about 9 days to properly season my 100 count humidor, and that involved mostly not opening it to check it out for that period.

You might be right. I think I got a little over excited and put them in a bit early. I will try to not open my Humi for another week to see if I'm having this same problem.