• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb needs clarification

dk_ace

I've gotten a few cigars that came in individual cigar ziplocs. Do you guys store these in the humi in the bag? Do you open them first? I have always left them in the ziploc, but opened the top of the ziploc to let the humidity in. Is this the best way to do it?

Thanks,
D

I've gotten a few cigars that came in individual cigar ziplocs. Do you guys store these in the humi in the bag? Do you open them first? I have always left them in the ziploc, but opened the top of the ziploc to let the humidity in. Is this the best way to do it?

Thanks,
D

I do not. My naked sticks are stored such that they aren't disturbed until needed and aren't touching anything but each other. I use the baggies for transportation only.

Personal preference. There's no need to keep 'em in the baggies.

If I keep them in the baggies, do the baggies need to be open? The crux of the question is whether or not the cigar baggies allow moisture in and out. I know cello does, but I've heard contradicting opinions on the baggies.

Thanks,
D

When I buy cigars at my local B&M, he puts the cellophane wrapped cigar into a ziploc baggy to help maintain the RH until I can get home and but it into humidor.

When you say "baggie" do you mean a completely sealed air-tight ziploc baggie?

The individual cellophane wrappers are porous, so it is a matter of personal taste whether you put the cigars into the humidor with the cellophane.

If you are talking about an air-tight baggie, remove the cigars from the baggie before putting them into the humidor.