• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie alert :)

Vikder

Hi all. I'm by all accounts a cigar newbie. I've been smoking cigars on and off for a few years, but never really paid attention to what i was smoking. One day my friend came back from Mexico with an ear-to-ear grin and handed me a cigar and said "smoke this". Lets just say that now i'm hooked! the flavor was incredible and i must say that i'm in love with medium and full cigars. Milds just don't do it for me any longer :) I have no idea if this cigar was a real isom or a counterfeit, but it changed my pallet on cigars forever.
That was about 4 months ago and i've been smoking a cigar almost every day since then. I'm now trying to taste everything out there, but my local shops really don't offer much assistance on what i should try. The salesperson usually just says "ohh, your new? then try a Macanudo or Don Diego." So i turned to A.S.C. for information. While i admit that it's been a great source of information, it's a very impersonal medium to work with.
So now i have a humidor and i'm trying to get ideas on some smokes to fill it with. I've done the JRcigars and cigarbid thing to fill my humi with some of the smokes that i know are good: Punch, Montecristo, 5 Vegas, one or two Ashton, Romeo y Julieta, Puros Indios and Partagas, just to name a few.
I hope to join a pass in the future. This should be a great place to learn what I should fill my humidor with :)

Take care,
Vic

Welcome aboard Vic! Glad to have you. :)

Welcome to CP Vikder

Well the first thing I would do is get in your car and drive up Hwy 99 to my house. (40 Miles) I would be more than glad to share a few goodies and let you try a few things.

Im In Yuba City.

Hey Look guys - He is not from TEXAS!!!!!!

Wlle, I was gonna be the first to welcome you to our "family" over here but that Dang Granpa Rod beat me to it!!!

WELCOM ABOARD VIKDER!!!

Care to explain that username?? LMAO ;) :)

BW :sign:

Or you could drive south a few hundred miles to PASADENA. :D What are we up to now... 3 of us in California? :sneaky:

Welcome aboard Vic...I hope what he brought back from Mex wasnt a Te-amo...if so, your gonna this site.

Emo

Welcome aboard Vik, looking forward to having you around :D

Benjiev :D

Welcome vikder. Another Cali member! Sweet.

Humidor filler?

In my humble opinion, a good (low end to middle of the) medium price range cigar - Excalibur 1066 Lancelot. Put a few of those in your 'dor and let em settle for a couple of months.

Welcome Vik...... keep your feet up high around here for a few days so you don't step in anything....ROFLMAO! ;) We try to have fun....enjoy!

Calling all members of the Texas Posse........ keep your eye's on dem left coasters. This could get ugly! :sneaky: :D

Thank you for the warm welcome folks. This does seem like a very relaxed and entertaining atmosphere with lots of nice people.

Hbooker: Yuba City is only a jump away. Technically I live in Roseville, so you’re even closer. I’ll be sure to meet up with you soon.

Big Worm: explain that username…hahaha it’s very simple. My name is Victor, but when I’d try to sign up on web pages “Victor” was always taken and I didn’t want to use numbers, like AOL does, and have Victor273, etc. I remember in grade school we had a Russian exchange student in class that would always spell my name how he pronounced it “Vikder”, so it just kinda fell into place :D

Emodx: I’m not sure if it was a Te-Amo. This cigar was totally nude, no band or cello. Are Te-Amo’s any good?

Take care,
Vic

Actually, most of the Te-Amos I have had have been dog rockets. Hence the fact, if you smoked a rocket and liked it, then you will love the cigars we pass here. But being uncelloed and unbanded, you probablly jumped in the water head first without testing it with a toe first. Now it is all down hill. LOL.

Emo

Wow, someone that ISN'T from Tx. WHOOO!

Welcome Vic, nice to meetya...

You could always hop on a plane and come to NY for some of my beetle 'gars :D

Vikder, welcome to Cigar Pass. We're mostly harmless (except for Beast when he forgets to take his meds :) ) and we have a pretty good time in here. What Tony's referring to is the run of bad luck in passes we've had lately. His had bugs and mine's lost in the Bermuda Triangle. But once down is no battle....

Welcome to the zoo. I'm still new at all of this but my quick recommendations for sticks to stock a humi are: HDM excalibur and Perdomo estate seleccion. (Not terribly pricey)
Robb