• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Contest

Qualls07

token pipe smoker
I was bombed again recently ,by Joe Gohlke, and decided I need to do something to fight back. Instead of just sending out a few bombs though, I am going to make people earn my smokes. I have managed to build up a decent little cigar collection due to the advice and generosity of the good people here. The prize here is nothing fancy, but a handful of good cigars that would be great for a new smoker who wants to sample a few medium strength affordable cigars. This contest is mostly geared towards new cigars smokers with small collections, no FOGs here.
OK, the there are two prizes here, and the contest is a little bit of trivia related to the great state of Texas.

1. Name every nation that Texas has been a part of

a little bit of college mascot trivia

2. How did BEVO, the university of texas mascot get his name? And besides being the mascot of Texas A&M, what other position does Reveille hold at A&M?

This stuff is easy, so I expect answers by the time I get back from dinner.

James

Not sure about the first question??

But the second...During a late night visit to Austin, a group of Texas Aggie pranksters branded the University's first longhorn mascot "13-0," the score of a football game won by Texas A&M. The UT students altered the brand to read "Bevo" by changing the "13" to a "B," the "-" to an "E," and inserting a "V" between the dash and the "0." to save embarrasment. For years, Aggies have proudly touted the stunt as the reason the steer acquired his name. But was the brand really changed? And is that why he's called Bevo?

Not sure if i "qualify" as a newbie anymore... ???

Jeffro600 said:
Not sure about the first question??

But the second...During a late night visit to Austin, a group of Texas Aggie pranksters branded the University's first longhorn mascot "13-0," the score of a football game won by Texas A&M. The UT students altered the brand to read "Bevo" by changing the "13" to a "B," the "-" to an "E," and inserting a "V" between the dash and the "0." to save embarrasment. For years, Aggies have proudly touted the stunt as the reason the steer acquired his name. But was the brand really changed? And is that why he's called Bevo?

Not sure if i "qualify" as a newbie anymore...  ???
[snapback]237481[/snapback]​

1. Are you referring to the Six Flags of Texas?

Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, and Confederate States of America?

2. :lookup: + Reveille is considered the highest ranking member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, and she holds the cadet rank of General, with 5 diamonds as her rank insignia.

1. Are you referring to the Six Flags of Texas?

Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, and Confederate States of America?

AHHH, thats probably what he was refering too! :p

This is cheating, but neither one had both the answers together...

During a late night visit to Austin, a group of Texas Aggie pranksters branded the University's first longhorn mascot "13-0," the score of a football game won by Texas A&M. The UT students altered the brand to read "Bevo" by changing the "13" to a "B," the "-" to an "E," and inserting a "V" between the dash and the "0." to save embarrasment. For years, Aggies have proudly touted the stunt as the reason the steer acquired his name. But was the brand really changed? And is that why he's called Bevo?

Reville is the First Lady of TAMU, holding the rank of General

Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, and Confederate States of America

So, in a nut shell, what they said :)

Good Bull Qualls! Being a former cadet I have enough A&M trivia beaten into my brain to fill a book.

One of my favorites is when some Ags stole the sips gameday cannon and dumped it into Town Lake and my other is when some cadets stole Bevo and ate him.

Ahh good times....

Also you guys forgot to answer the last part of the question about Rev.

Alright, looks like smallg and Jeffro600 got most of it right, but gandolf565 was the first one to get Reville as the First Lady of TAMU. So after much deliberation I have decided that nobody wins.
:sign:
J/K
I was planning on two prizes, but it looks like all three are getting one. Good job guys.
Packages should go out tomorrow, hope you enjoy!!!

Qualls07
If you happen to get another bomb, just pass it forward... :cool:

Hmmm, cheating works!

Thanks Qualls07!

During a late night visit to Austin, a group of Texas Aggie pranksters branded the University's first longhorn mascot "13-0," the score of a football game won by Texas A&M. The UT students altered the brand to read "Bevo" by changing the "13" to a "B," the "-" to an "E," and inserting a "V" between the dash and the "0." to save embarrasment. For years, Aggies have proudly touted the stunt as the reason the steer acquired his name. But was the brand really changed? And is that why he's called Bevo?

Reville is the First Lady of TAMU and honorary title of Cadet General.

Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, USA, and Confederate States of America

Damn newbie's...

FOG - friggin' old guy
These are members of the board that have been around for a long time (not necessary old folks).
They are considered subject matter experts in the field of cigars.

edited for more info

junkman_56 said:
Damn newbie's...

FOG - friggin' old guy
[snapback]237789[/snapback]​

Nice, what do you do when a FOG is a noob? FON?

Alright, got packages sent out to smallg, Jeffro600 and gandolf565. Cletus, sorry, but you were a few minutes late. Hope you guys enjoy the smokes. They arent the best or most expensive, but the fact that you earned them by good old fashioned hard work (google and being fast :laugh: ) should make them that much better.

James

Mr. Qualls you are a gentleman and a scholar. Got the smokes today and I look forward to enjoying them while reading the first page of the "Caymanian Compass". :thumbs:

Thanks again for your generosity!

Got 'em!

Qualls07, thanks for the contest, and your generosity. All but one of the cigars you sent I have never tried before, so I look forward to checking them out in the near future.