• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie contest

bchem

My stash has not been growing too much recently because of my recent wedding, but some VERY generous BOTL have hit me with some bombs that need to be paid forward. Since I can't compete with many members' humidors, this contest is for the new guys. The prize will be a mix (5 pack plus a couple of hitch hikers) of some medium range sticks. Nothing special, but some things I smoke when I can't come up with a good excuse to burn a high end stick.

I called this a "getting to know you" contest because I haven't been able to keep up with all the new members recently. So, I figured I'd post some random questions about myself so that you all might get to learn a few oddball facts about me.

Rules: I am the boss (for once!) My decision is final, so no bitching. The 5 open ended questions are worth 2 points each, and the true false worth 1 point each, for a total of 20 points. You must have been a member with at least 25 posts (as of this posting), and joined February 1, 2006 or later. One guess per person, no edits. Person who gets them right first wins. If no one gets them all, I'll take the person with the most points by Friday, 9/22 at 5:00PM EST. Most of the questions will be pure guesses; however, with some information about me (you might have to ask around) you may be able to get several of them with certainty. I think that is it, but will revise if necessary. Good luck!

Questions:

1. I recently got married, what was the date of my wedding?

2. My old man and I acquired a Cadillac my grandfather once owned, what year was the Cadillac made?

3. My Father-in-law introduced me to many different cigars. (Little did he know that a simple 5 pack he sent would be to his future son-in-law!) I still have one of those original cigars he sent me almost 2 years ago. What brand of cigars did he send me?

4. Who is the senior member that I PM whenever I have a question about the board or etiquette on the board?

5. What was one of the gifts my wife (fiance at the time) got me this past Valentine's day?

True or False:

6. I played football in college.
7. I am a graduate student in genetics.
8. I volunteer at an ambulance station.
9. My wife doesn’t trust me to do the laundry.
10. The FBI trusts me to work with the most deadly toxin known to man.
11. I have 4 sisters.
12. I have 1 dog and 2 cats.
13. I wear a tie to work.
14. My wife is from California.
15. My secret vice is smoking a cigar with an ice cold wine cooler.

Have fun!

1. 9-2-06

2. 1966

3. Fuente

4. Rod

5. A Xikar multi-tool and Xi2 cutter

6. F

7. F

8. T

9. T

10.T

11.F

12.F

13.T

14.T

15.F

Thanks for the contest.

Great contest bchem! I'll watch this one from the sidelines, go gettem new guys!

Some of those were tough to find. Fun contest.

1. September 2nd

2. 1966

3. Ashton

4. Wilkey

5. Xikar xi2

True or False:

6. False
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. False
11. False
12. True
13. False
14 True
15. False

1. I recently got married, what was the date of my wedding?

September 2, 2006

2. My old man and I acquired a Cadillac my grandfather once owned, what year was the Cadillac made?

3. My Father-in-law introduced me to many different cigars. (Little did he know that a simple 5 pack he sent would be to his future son-in-law!) I still have one of those original cigars he sent me almost 2 years ago. What brand of cigars did he send me?

Ashton VSG

4. Who is the senior member that I PM whenever I have a question about the board or etiquette on the board?

Gonz

5. What was one of the gifts my wife (fiance at the time) got me this past Valentine's day?

Xikar multitool and Xi2 cutter

True or False:

6. F
7. F (Biochem)
8. T
9. T
10. T
11. F
12. T
13. F
14. T
15. F.

Have fun!
[/quote]

Thanks for the contest! Wierd catching up on a year + of posting in an evening

damn yoou stole my one year contest for next month. Was going to be something similar good show and good luck to all.

1. September 2, 2006

2. 1966

3. Ashton VSG

4. AVB

5. Xikar multitool and Xi2 cutter

6. F
7. F
8. T
9. T
10. T
11. F
12. F
13. F
14. T
15. F

Nice contest

Top for any other newbies that want to give it a shot. Most people are pretty close so far. Don't kill yourself, but take a stab at it. This will be over tomorrow if no one gets everything correct.

Let see here.

1. 09/02
2. 1966
3. VSG
4. AVB
5. Xikar xi2
6. False
7. True
8. True
9. True
10. True
11. False
12. True
13. False
14 True
15. False

Topping one last time for the stragglers! This is over tonight, so take a shot at it if you wish.

1. 9/20/06
2. '66
3. Padron
4. Gonz
5. two Tiger lighters, one damaged during shipping
6.F
7.T
8.T
9.T
10.T
11.F
12.F
13.F
14.T
15.F

Thanks bchem

Mike

OK, I'll try.

9/2/06
'66
VSG
Moki
Xikar multitool and xi2
F
F
T
T
T
F
F
F
T
F

Thanks for the contest!

Congrats to Wasy! He came the closest with only 1 wrong answer! There is going to be an added bonus with this contest as well. I have a wedding to attend this weekend and will be away from my computer for a bit, so I will post the surprise, and the real answers sometime Sunday night hopefully and then get those sticks out. I'll check back later. Thanks for playing everyone, and congrats again to Wasy!

:thumbs: