• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NEWBIE needing help

Guido

Hello all, I'm obviously new to the forum, and fairly new to the art of cigar smoking...I'm in the Army and currently deployed to Afghanistan...I am looking for a nice Humidor to be waiting for me when I get home...The wife and I decided on one that has a glass top and possibly a couple drawers for the gadgets that go along with it...And one that holds a fair quantity of sticks...Here's 2 I'm looking at now...If anyone has other opinions or options PLEASE feel free to help a newb out...here's the links for the 2 I'm looking at now...

http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.as...59&page=product
http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.as...58&page=product

Again thanks in advance for all your help or advice...I am really enjoying my new found hobby after a long day in the desert...This seems to be a GREAT site and I can't wait to get back to the States and get in on a Pass...

Peace...

Guido...

My best buddy got me smoking cigars about 6 months ago. He also picked the habit up in the deserts when he served during Desert Storm. He was a captain and said that he always had a bunch of cubans to smoke with the boys. Sounds like a great way to pass time when things are inactive.

Both humidors are nice looking. I don't personally have either and you may want to wait until you speak with someone who has. I am wary about the quality of the lid's seal, at that price. If the seals are good, they are great looking at very good prices, in my opinion. Here is a third glass-top from JRCigars that you may want to look at. http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=acc...itemcode=3HU150 . But, I actually like the first one that you posted the best.

Welcome to CP. I hope we see more of you around here. We like to support our troops. :sign:

Try cheaphumidors.com bro! I bought a flat top El Rey from them and can't say enough good things about it! I have seen the round top El Rey, and it looks nice. Be sure an season it before throwing in your hard earned sticks! Thanks for serving bro. Come home safe.

Emo
USCG 95-??

blair said:
My best buddy got me smoking cigars about 6 months ago. He also picked the habit up in the deserts when he served during Desert Storm. He was a captain and said that he always had a bunch of cubans to smoke with the boys. Sounds like a great way to pass time when things are inactive.

Both humidors are nice looking. I don't personally have either and you may want to wait until you speak with someone who has. I am wary about the quality of the lid's seal, at that price. If the seals are good, they are great looking at very good prices, in my opinion. Here is a third glass-top from JRCigars that you may want to look at. http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=acc...itemcode=3HU150 . But, I actually like the first one that you posted the best.

Welcome to CP. I hope we see more of you around here. We like to support our troops. :sign:
Thats the El Rey flat top!!! It is missing the 2 hockey pucks and meter. It really is a nice unit! But for $200 more at cheaphumidors.com you can get one that comes part of a matching wine rack. I haven't seen the 2 units together though.

Emo

Yet another:

Bargain Humidors

one of their products is in the raffle at Matt's LOL charity herf....dunno if he is considered a sponsor.

First off welcome to CP :thumbs:

Second off thanks for doing what you need to do while serving - much appreciated.

Third off - good looking humidors. You might want to shop around as stated above, but the two you selected are nice humidors. I am seriously considering the following glass top one in the future if I can ever get some of my paychecks free:

http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.as...58&page=product

Nice Humidor and LOTS of smokes, that I will try and if I don;t like em give em away as gifts to those who like em.

Sam

Welcome Guido! Don't forget to check the auction sites like CigarBid and Ebay. You might find something you like there for a good price.

First off, I too want to welcome you to CP and secondly, I'm a brother soldier. I'm a retired SFC and appreciate all your doin' for us.... :thumbs:

Now to the humidor. I too am looking for another one myself. I have 2 150 count desk tops, 1 50 count, and a 25 count robusto desk top. I also have a cooledor which now is full. I'm presently looking at the Antietam Humidor that is at the same site Horse is talking about.

I know your thinking that you'll never aquire 500 ceegars, we thought the same.... :p :D :thumbs:

Hey Charlie, I'll trade you my El Rey for some seegars. Not that you need another humi, you should probably just get another cooler. Hell a fridge is probably in order. LOL.

Emo

Okay all I finally found one that bit me...It states it holds 500-600...Here's the pic what do yous think it would cost then I'll tell yous what I paid...

mvc-030s.gif

This is almost identical to the one I bought...

Any thoughts...Thanks for all your help guys/gals...

Peace...

Stogieman, I own an antietam and it is an awesome humi. I bought it over a year ago and have loved it dearly ever since. I bought it from bargain humidors and the quality was second to none.

Hey guido, welcome to CP and congrats on the new humi.

If I had to make a guess, I'd sayit cost you...$250. ???

In any case, it's beautiful.

Yeah lobestar, that's is where I'm lookin' at mine too. I heard they are definitely worth the money. :thumbs:

Back at Guidos choice, verrrry nice. I'd say you paid around $289 cause that's the going price around here for a Queen Ann Humidor like that. :)

Nice choice Guido. She's a beauty. I've been tempted to get one of those myself. I'll guess $220 plus shipping.

ok ok...Lucasbuck you were the closest I got it $229.00 shipped to the house...Now I REALLY have a reason to make it out of this desert :D

Again guys thanks for the input and I'm glad I came here first before purchasing...I think I'll be happy with this one for abit...Can't wait to get home...

Peace...