• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie to CP but not to the leaf

AJ_

Well I've been poking around enough and believe it's time I introduced myself.

My name is Jeff Rabith but all my buddies call me AJ. I live in Santa Monica, CA and I got into cigars about 4 years ago as a casual thing to do with my boys in college while have some drinks. I admit I was one of those nobs that went into the store humidors and looked around for a mid priced cigar with a natural wrapper. Of cource back then I called them the "regular ones". I had no clue about cigars and just tried a few different types and could never remember their names.

After college I decided it was time to educate myself about cigars just as I had with alcohols. I went out and bought myself an inexpensive humidor, learned how to get it read for cigars and bought myself my first box of cigars - Ashton Cabinet #7. After that I bought a box of Garo Habano and my educations on its way but I know I needed to connect with people other than those behind the counter.

I got a few friends into cigars and we've been trading and splitting boxes for about two years. As of late, most of my friends have had kids and their cigar budgets have been slashed and their education has slowed or stopped. I decided it was time to go looking for other brothers of the leaf and that's when I stumble upon CP.

So far I'm impressed with the site and dare I say I'm a bit overwhelmed with the depth and breath of everyone's knowledge about cigars. I almost feel unworthy to converse with most fearing I have little of value to add, but I believe this is the best place to find the knowledge and camaraderie I seek.

With that said I'll toss in my .02:

Favorite cigars:
Padron Anniversario Torpedo Marduro
Ashton VSG Torpedo
Ashton Cabinet #7 (first box love I guess)
Camacho (unfortunately I can't remember anything beyond the name, other than it as a bit heavier than the Padron Anniversario Monarca Marduro and about 5.5 X 52 in size)

Interested in smoking:
Padron Millenium......and who isn't
Perdomo EDICIÓN de SILVIO
H. Upman (not sure what size)

Well I guess that's it, except to say thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome Jeff!

Gotta love those PAM Torpedos. One of my personal favorites too.

Kick back, relax, and light up a good one. I think you'll like it here. :)

Welcome to CP! You are right, there is a great wealth of knowledge on these boards, but it does not come soley from one person and all are welcome to come and share in the fun! Seems you have quite a list of Favs and you'll be a great addition to the boards. We do lots of box splits/trades/box passes around here and they are a TON of fun. Why don't you start by setting up a few trades and posting around the forums. In fact, PM me if you want to set one up soon :D I would be MORE than happy to start you off here on the right foot!!

Hope to see you around the boards!

Phil

hey! good job finally registering.

now you can input your 2.06 cents (tax)

you might have read this before:
never stab a person in the neck.

if not, well, it's my adage that i give to newborns here.

'tis a suggestion, s'all.

In sweden we say "Välkommen" but i think in the US you say welcome!!! :D :sign:

I think you will learn and get to know a lot of nice guy´s and ceeeegars here!

So as so many before me said, WELCOME :D :thumbs:

Welcome to CP! Great introduction by the way. You'll fit right in here :)

Welcome AJ!!!

This place can be some what of a freak show now and again, and thats why I love it here!!!

So sit back, fire one up and come be apart of the show.

Howdy & welcome to CP AJ, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here and will learn a lot for everyone...... :) :thumbs: :)