• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie to cubans

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
I really just started smoking cigars 6 months ago, but I like it alot and have been dying to try a cuban. I have to know what all the fuss is about! I don't know how much we are allowed to say or not say about this on the forum, so feel free to PM me if you think you can help.

I've compiled a small list of cubans I want to get based on reviews and things I've heard...

Monecristo No. 2
Cohiba Siglo VI
Partagas Serie D No. 4
Montecristo No. 4
Punch Punch
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Romeo y Julieta Churchills Untubed
H. Upmann Magnums 46

I only want singles of each to try because I'm just getting into it, and I don't want to blow a ton of money - yet ;)

I'm pretty confident these are good selections, and I think I know where to get them, my only worry is that I have been reading that they need to be aged? And this process can take years? That would suck, because obviously I'm going to be super excited to try them out right when I get them!!

So.. I'm wondering about this whole process. Again, I don't know what I can and cannot say, but are these places that allow you to buy singles online a) legal for US citizens, and b) selling pre-aged cigars, or fresh that I need to age for *gulp* years before I can fully enjoy one?

Please PM me if necessary and thanks for any help!

Also please advise if I have violated forum rules and I'll edit/delete immediately!

I really just started smoking cigars 6 months ago, but I like it alot and have been dying to try a cuban. I have to know what all the fuss is about! I don't know how much we are allowed to say or not say about this on the forum, so feel free to PM me if you think you can help.

I've compiled a small list of cubans I want to get based on reviews and things I've heard...

Monecristo No. 2
Cohiba Siglo VI
Partagas Serie D No. 4
Montecristo No. 4
Punch Punch
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Romeo y Julieta Churchills Untubed
H. Upmann Magnums 46

I only want singles of each to try because I'm just getting into it, and I don't want to blow a ton of money - yet ;)

I'm pretty confident these are good selections, and I think I know where to get them, my only worry is that I have been reading that they need to be aged? And this process can take years? That would suck, because obviously I'm going to be super excited to try them out right when I get them!!

So.. I'm wondering about this whole process. Again, I don't know what I can and cannot say, but are these places that allow you to buy singles online a) legal for US citizens, and b) selling pre-aged cigars, or fresh that I need to age for *gulp* years before I can fully enjoy one?

Also please advise if I have violated forum rules and I'll edit/delete immediately!

You could put this wish list in your profile.

My mom taught me that if I was unsure of what to say and what not to say, it was probably better not say it.

Hang around and read and contribute then PM an FOG and ask that way. You will probably get more help and be more accepted.

JMHO........YMMV

Again, I don't know what I can and cannot say, but are these places that allow you to buy singles online a) legal for US citizens, and b) selling pre-aged cigars, or fresh that I need to age for *gulp* years before I can fully enjoy one?

You've not violated any forum rules. Good questions all. Just remember, it is illegal for you to buy, own, or consume any Cuban products...this includes cigars. So the answer to the above question is no, it is not legal. The second part is immaterial since the answer to the first is no, but most do not standardly sell aged stock. It is available, but is not the standard practice.

Well, you've listed a whole bunch of "popular" ones, none of which appeal to me other than possibly the Mag 46. To me, the biggest problem with the popular ones is that they have a high probability of being fake.

I'm not a huge fan of aged sticks, I think they taste just fine when they are only a year or two old. The ones you listed are hard to find for reasonable prices that are older than '05 which is another reason I like the less popular brands. You can find lots of '03 and older SLRs fairly easily for good prices.

I only want singles of each to try because I'm just getting into it, and I don't want to blow a ton of money - yet

I wouldn't go with just singles. Fivers are a much better way to really get to know a cigar. You can smoke one fresh, see what it is like and then let the rest sit and see how they change. If you give them 6 months between smokes you will end up with a nice smoke by the time you get to the 5th stick. It also helps rule out the chance of getting a dud.

Cohiba Siglo VI and the PSD 4 would be my picks. However, everybody's opinion is different. YOu'll just have to try for yourself.

ree

I agree with the PSD 4, great smoke. Punch Punch and Monte 2/4 are my other favs outta that group.

Just my $00.02

Monte #2's are always a good smoke when I travel to different countries that sell them :laugh: :p :thumbs: :whistling:

Just be careful what you buy, if you go to a reputable dealer you don't too much have to worry about getting a fake. As I have found out some people are quick to judge a cigar and call it a fake even when it is as real as they come. I would agree with ffopusxff you can't go wrong with a Monte #2..YUM

As I have found out some people are quick to judge a cigar and call it a fake even when it is as real as they come.

I would say that came from pure ignorance more than any thing else. If you don't know what it is, you can't possibly judge if it's real or not. ;)