• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

dj23n0

Good-day! So, I just started smoking cigars. Smoked cigarettes for many years then stopped about 25 years ago. Smoked a pipe occasionally. Now I found a pack of Bering mild cigars in aluminum tubes. Don’t know how old they are. Came across while cleaning up a deceased relatives belongings. Anyway, I’ve smoked a couple. They’re very dry. When I removed the band, the wrap came with it. I smoked it down to CVS an inch plus a half inch. Burned OK. Seemed to have a little “bite” closer to end. Guess that’s normal. Can’t really make out any distinctive flavor(s) but I’m new at this cigar smoking thing. Know anything about these Bering aluminum-tube cigars? And cigar-smoking in general. Thanks for your time and enjoy your cigars!

Good-day! So, I just started smoking cigars. Smoked cigarettes for many years then stopped about 25 years ago. Smoked a pipe occasionally. Now I found a pack of Bering mild cigars in aluminum tubes. Don’t know how old they are. Came across while cleaning up a deceased relatives belongings. Anyway, I’ve smoked a couple. They’re very dry. When I removed the band, the wrap came with it. I smoked it down to CVS an inch plus a half inch. Burned OK. Seemed to have a little “bite” closer to end. Guess that’s normal. Can’t really make out any distinctive flavor(s) but I’m new at this cigar smoking thing. Know anything about these Bering aluminum-tube cigars? And cigar-smoking in general. Thanks for your time and enjoy your cigars!
Welcome to the site, I'm not personally familiar with those cigars you mention but I'm sure someone here is. There is a wealth of information in this forum so definitely take advantage of the search function. You will be surprised at how much info has been discussed over the years.

I highly recommend if you are just getting into cigar smoking, pickup a tupperware container and a boveda pack and start by either ordering samplers online, or if you run into a local cigar shop (B&M is what people typically call them) grab different cigars of various sizes, shades etc. It's a great way to try out different things to see what you prefer. One of my favorite parts of this hobby is the trying of new things.

Bering cigars, I remember them from the 1950’s and 1960’s….10 -.25 cent cigar/ short filler/candela wrapper.
A very popular American made cigar. Sold in every local sundry store. The cigars you have smoked could be 50 YRS old.
I’m sure they could be still made…maybe now they could be as expensive as $ 1.00.

For you health “NEVER DO THAT AGAIN”