• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newby ?s about under $10 per bundle Seconds

gamelover2004

Please help a newby out here. Can anyone tell me if these seconds listed below which are under $10 per bundle are worth buying or if they are dog rockets? I prefer a good strong cigar with a nice tight white ash.
Thank You In Advance,
gamelover2004
Steve :thumbs:

Flor De Navarrete Corona, Churchill, & Robusto $9.95 per 25

Flor De Navarrete
Luis Martinez #10 Maduro Seconds Size: 5 1/2" x 48 $6.99 per 20 must buy 3 bundles
Luis Martinez #10 Maduro Seconds
Luis Martinez #20 Maduro Seconds 6 1/4" x 43 $7.19 per 20 must buy 3 bundles

Luis Martinez #20 Maduro Seconds

Probablly rockets. I haven't seen a bundle of good cigars under $19.00. Try UncleMikes for a great value on cigars. Otherwise stick to Connies.
Emo

On the Luis Martinez #10 & #20 Maduro Seconds I just called the dealer and they told me I can mix and match them as long as I purchase at least 3 bundles. They also told me they are on back order until hoepfully early Febraury $28.12 for 40 #10s and 20 #20s shipped is $0.47 per cigar. I am very tempted to order these when I get paid Jan. 30th and try them. The sales rep told me they are one of their biggest sellers. If they suck bad I will have to find someone to buy labels from that say "It's A Boy" and give them to my cousin before April.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. ???

Emo had a good suggestion. MrBundles has great "bundles" (har har) as well as connies. Perhaps even JR alts? Or *gasp* Thompsons?

gamelover2004 said:
If they suck bad I will have to find someone to buy labels from that say "It's A Boy" and give them to my cousin before April.
Sure am glad I'm not your cousin. ;)

Allofus123 said:
gamelover2004 said:
If they suck bad I will have to find someone to buy labels from that say "It's A Boy" and give them to my cousin before April.
Sure am glad I'm not your cousin. ;)
ROTFLMAO!!! :sign:

From what I can remember the #20 is harsh and does SUCK!!!!

Grab a hand full at the Newman Museum in Ybor a year ago or so. I had one lit for about 5mins and put it down. The other 4 I used for chewing tobacco while mowing the back field.

NOT A GOOD BUY IN MY HONEST OPINION!!!! SEE MrBundles!!!!!

I also found these at coronacigar.com
Kiskeya by Pedro Martin Robusto, Corona, & Toros $24.95 to $29.95 for 25

Swisher Sweet Bundles Cigars Hand Rolled Slim Panetela, Long corona, & robusto $19.95 to $24.95 for 25

Honduran Seconds by U.S. Cigar 6 1/2" X 44 ring $14.95 for 25

Are any of the ablove any good?
Thanks,
Steve.

gamelover,

we all went through the stage of trying to find cheap smokes.

it ain't gonna happne bro.

if you HAVE to buy cheap smokes buy some Connies. Only one bundle though. Cps you're gonna outgrow 'em quick.

It's hell to be a disabled veteran on a fixed income and start to get a taste for good cigars, I guess I'm just a tightwad who's looking for a great bargain. I figured I would post here to find out from you guys who have been buying off the net longer than me what to look out for and what to expect. At the moment I am enjoying a Blender's Gold Royale Tubos Aged for 4 years Cigar Size: 6 x 42 All Natural Imported From the Dominican Republic I won 8 of them off of yahoo auctions for $7.00 shipped and I must say they are pretty darn smooth for a Mild to Medium cigar.
Thanks,
Steve. :thumbs:

Thanks To everyone for your input. Let's keep this thread going. I am learning a lot from you more experienced members.
Thanks,
gamelover2004Steve :thumbs:

Welcome to CP

As far as bundles go you can find some nice surprises with JR alts.

Also, on the Cbid site, I will testify for the seconds that they offer from Kelner,Villazon,and Indian Tabac.

Allright Todd and John - you two gave me a scare... I thought we had Gamelover2004 back in our midst... Then I read the dates (2004).

Thanks for restarting up this thread and freaking me out!!!!

Sorry Rod.. :whistling:

Gamelover. I am in the same position you are in. I am constantly trying to find that holy grail cheap smoke that is great for handing out to friends when I'm having poker nights.

My search has come up with the following

1) Consuergas (AKA Connies) These are recommended as you can tell by everyone here. They are about $25 shipped for a bundle of 25 from JRCigars.com. I prefer the #9 in Maduro as they are a bit sweeter and more consistent

2) JR Special Jamaican ($30 shipped)
I Highly recommend this one from JRcigars.com. I recommend you buy them in the Size "C" version for $25.95
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig...cial%20jamaican
They are very mild and very sweet. Perfect cigars for handing out to new inexperienced smokers

3) Uncle Mikey's bundle (MRBundles.com)
Also highly recommend are the bundles of cigars from Uncle MIkey's. These include the Honduran 1945 blend, as well as the Cubanidaid's. All great smoke for about $40 a bundle of 25. Or call up Uncle Mikey. He's a hilarious guy to talk to, and you can always work something out. Like if you only want 5 cigars, or 9, or 12, he will hook you up. I hope that helps.

3) Trinidad Y Cia ($15 shipped)
These are the ultimate cheapiers. They are not as consistent from cigar to cigar, but they are fairly decent for their price. Not the best. but not the worst.
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=bfp-trinidad-y-cia

doh. I just realized this thread was a year old. Ah well, my Info still holds