• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

News & Politics - New Forum

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
News/Politics forum has been created. We are doing a test run for 1 month. If I don't like the way it's being used, I will pull it after 1 month. CP reserves the right to remove the news/politics forum at any time and without notice. If you cuss or flame in that forum, you will be limited access to that forum without notice.

EXCELLENT :thumbs:

Hey puffnstuff, you gettin' all this down? :sign:

My prediction/hope is this section will be pulled. I can already see the direction it is taking and I don't like it. I see it on other boards so I stay away from them. CP is not about political debate becasue SOME people are unable to debate w/o gettin' into a pi$$in' match. ???

Rod, just my .02 cents worth. I truly doubt if I read that section again. (please keep in mind, this is just my opinion and I do not run this board!)

Floyd T. :sign:

We're just testing the waters. So far I can see anger mounting, but we'll give it a chance and see what happens.

Rod said:
So far I can see anger mounting
Hey, I resemble that remark. :p

FWIW, I'm wondering if the forum was a good idea. While it has acted to put all the 'touchy' conversations in their own spot, it has also caused them to flourish.

other1 said:
Rod said:
So far I can see anger mounting
Hey, I resemble that remark. :p

FWIW, I'm wondering if the forum was a good idea. While it has acted to put all the 'touchy' conversations in their own spot, it has also caused them to flourish.

I just think that at a certain point in a disagreement where you reach a standstill, it's best to just walk away from the conversation-let 'em think they "won" or whatever, at least it preserves the peace.

Almost every neighborhood bar I have ever been in (and there have been many :p ) has a standing rule that you do not discuss politics and religion at the bar. Hmmm, I wonder why they have such a rule? :sign:

I guess that's why we hear all the FU's in the bars....all's the rules leave to talk about is sex. :)