• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

News

Treamayne

On the run...
Well, I just found out that I have been selected for promotion to E-6.

Now I get to dig deep and supply drinks and smoke for many, but what it really means is I have to behave for the next year until I actually Pin on.

Congrats brother, I know what you mean about behaving till you pin it on. Wait till you pin on E-7, it's worse..... :D

Congratulations, your service is appreciated.

What branch?

What does all that mean?

(you know for those stupid guys out there who might not know! :lookup: I know of course, but others might not :p )

Congrats and welcome to the club. The extra basic pay nice, plus the higher BAH is great too. :thumbs: Now that you have reached retirement level, everything else is gravey. Plus there is Warrant. I don't know how you guys do it, but in the Coast Guard, if you are an E-6 in the top %50 of those competeing for E-7, you are elligible to put in a package for Warrant Officer. the retirement pay for CWO3/4 looks pretty good. It is about on par with E-9. Keep plugging away!
This is the first cycle I am eligible for E-7. My test is dead middle of the bell curve. I have an average amount of sea time. And my marks are on the high side of the group. My TIS and TIG are on the low side and so are my award points. So I should be somewhere in the middle of the pack. Not bad for my first cycle. I figure I am 3-4 cycles away from being above the cut. I have a lot of dinosauers I am competing with. If I make it off the 4th cycle, I'll put on E-7 in 3 years.

Emo

Thank you all for your well-wishes and the great support you give the deployed guys. I know my brothers in the Desert always appreciate the kinds of great things you all do and send them. It means alot to hear from the few that aren't CNN brainwashed.

What branch?

What does all that mean?

USAF

What it means is I took a test (on 10 days' notice) back in Feb and that, compiled with 4 other factors of my service record were evaluated and scored. That score was compared to an imaginary number the bean-counters call a "cut-off" and if you surpass that cut-off you get awarded a new stripe. Unfortunately, they take the total number of promotions (9000+ this year) divide by 12 (roughly) and you wait your turn to actually wear the rank (and get paid, too). Since I am nearly 7900 of 9000+ I will have to wait until may or jun of next year to actually be promoted.... until then I am just a selectee (which means they can pull the stripe at the slightest provocation or wrong doing.)

So I have to be a good Karl, at least for the time being.

-K-

Btw...congrats on the promo.

It is amazing the military promotion system...so much time and red tape...:)

emodx said:
Congrats and welcome to the club. The extra basic pay nice, plus the higher BAH is great too. :thumbs: Now that you have reached retirement level, everything else is gravey. Plus there is Warrant. I don't know how you guys do it, but in the Coast Guard, if you are an E-6 in the top %50 of those competeing for E-7, you are elligible to put in a package for Warrant Officer. the retirement pay for CWO3/4 looks pretty good. It is about on par with E-9. Keep plugging away!
This is the first cycle I am eligible for E-7. My test is dead middle of the bell curve. I have an average amount of sea time. And my marks are on the high side of the group. My TIS and TIG are on the low side and so are my award points. So I should be somewhere in the middle of the pack. Not bad for my first cycle. I figure I am 3-4 cycles away from being above the cut. I have a lot of dinosauers I am competing with. If I make it off the 4th cycle, I'll put on E-7 in 3 years.

Emo
Good luck - I'm sure you'll get it faster than that though....

The AF does not have any Warrant officers and promotions are so bad we can retire as E-5 (and I've known a few that did). I'm not holding my breath for anything, but I should make E-7 before retiring after that it's all boards and politics and I don't do so well in that arena. I'd have to find people that actually like me first (there's a story to that - but I'll save it for later).

I've thought about pursueing a commission, but right now I'm not sure I'd like the jobs - and job satisfaction means much more to me than money!

-K-

Good Deal! :thumbs: I remember when I made E-6 it took about 9 months. All good things come to those who wait & God looks after drunks. Just something to do while you're waiting.

Congrats Treamayne! Im sure it will come faster than you expect!
Bryan :thumbs:

I just figure I'll spend the next year as a DD, then I can't do something stupid (well, not drunk and stupid which is always worse) and I'll get good "volunteer" bullets for my performance sheets. It's win-win, except for that whole not-drinking-at-parties thing.