• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nextel

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Been with AT&T Wireless for many years, and finally switched over to Nextel. Service is MUCH better, and VERY clear. Anyways, the best feature of this phone is Direct Connect. Does anyone have Nextel? If so, we can talk on the nation-wide "walki-talkie".

- Rod

I just switched to Nextel for AT&T also.

The Cell service isn't quite as good as AT&T around here, but the direct connect is great.

Nick

I've been using Nextel for about 3 years. You can't beat the direct connect feature. The wife switched about a year ago and its really great to be able to two-way each other instead of running up cell minutes.

Rod, I believe right now you can talk from the west coast to the east coast on the direct connect or from within any market area.. Last time I checked, Texas, and a lot of the central US, will be on the national direct connect in July.

I will warn you about something......keep in mind that you never know who else is standing next to the person you are two-waying with and can hear everything you say. :0 One time I was two-waying with another manager and had made a remark about the shi**y sales presentation an employee of mine gave to one of our customers. Yep.....he was standing right there and heard the comments. ???

When Texas gets added I'll give you a shout and we can connect. :thumbs:

I have Nextel as well. The service isn't too bad, however, in some of the rural areas, ya can't get out worth a sh!t!! It'll be interesting to see how it works coast to coast.

Rod, I'll get with ya and see if we can't direct connect. My phoneis at work now so I'll get with ya tomorrow.

See y'all!

I had Nextel here in So Fl and found the coverage excellent. Problem I had was with the pricing. I had 5 phones (myself and several employees) and found I was paying too much for the service.

A competitor, Metro PCS offerred $35/mo with unlimited local service. I switched and been very happy with the coverage and the savings.

Long story short, I have 5 Nextel phones in excellent condition with accessories and probably dead batteries that I would be willing to trade for some cigars. Anyone interested?

If I didn't live in a city like Los Angeles, I would probably stick with AT&T. Nextel has Southern Calif and Las Vegas covered so well, that's why I went with them. Great for areas like So Cal.