• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

It’s a bummer we couldn’t beat SF, would have loved to see the Packers play the Loins in Detroit. Wife told me she was buying tix to the game if they made it. I was already dusting off my SuperBowl hat and looking for my Love jersey when he threw that interception, dammit. The real shame is anders though. Need to get rid of him.
Yeah, would have been more fun to go to Detroit to watch it (I might be the first person ever to say it stupid be more fun to go to Detroit) and could have saved a lot of money on food and lodging, but some warm weather will be nice too.

I would have said the same about the Fords prior to last year, so things can change?

I know it’s been a long time, but when they had Rivers, Gates and LT, they were legitimate contenders. It just so happened that the Colts and Patriots were in their prime as well.

I agree that coaching and ownership is responsible for their current lack of success, but I don’t think it’s always been their fault.

Jim Harbaugh is back in the NFL! He signed with the Chargers! Good for them. I was hoping the Seahawks would get him, oh well.
That will be the end of his NFL career. Nobody wins in the Chargers organization.

Gotta say, I was disappointed when he took that Chargers job. I'm no Michigan fan, but why not stay and continue to build that program? More money, yes.

Is the NFL now, less headache then CFB, due to the NIL/transfer portal and kids/athletes being able to leave every year for a new school?

Is the NFL now, less headache then CFB, due to the NIL/transfer portal and kids/athletes being able to leave every year for a new school?

Not sure if it's less of a headache, but I think it's definitely harder to recruit and stack talent, particularly with NIL. That's why Saban got out. The playing field is more leveled, and will probably level out some more until someone figures out a way to cheat the system.

Gotta say, I was disappointed when he took that Chargers job. I'm no Michigan fan, but why not stay and continue to build that program? More money, yes.

He got out because they're going to get sanctioned, Ala Pete Carroll. I think he's always wanted to get back to the NFL too, he's interviewed pretty much every year.

Jim was really a fantastic coach for the Niners, he was done dirty by Baalke et. al. with the early and dubious push-out. I agree with Justin, he has always wanted to be back in the NFL and (imo) any team is lucky to have him.

I would have said the same about the Fords prior to last year, so things can change?

Well.. even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. At some point, given enough personnel change and time, you're bound to get it right eventually.

Well.. even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. At some point, given enough personnel change and time, you're bound to get it right eventually.
LOL, it has been 13 years since the Jets made the playoffs and 54 years since they won their only Superbowl! Doubt I'll see another SB in my lifetime😢

LOL, it has been 13 years since the Jets made the playoffs and 54 years since they won their only Superbowl! Doubt I'll see another SB in my lifetime😢
There’s always next year! Our window isn’t too small. I hope Rodgers comes back and stays healthy next season.

C'mon Tone. With advances in medicine, living to 120 or 130 years old may not be that far fetched soon. But hey, new jerseys next year!

There’s always next year! Our window isn’t too small. I hope Rodgers comes back and stays healthy next season.
The problem with the Jets this season is they have all their eggs in one basket! Aaron is a one year option, with no contingency plan, too many good young players will be wasted.

The problem with the Jets this season is they have all their eggs in one basket! Aaron is a one year option, with no contingency plan, too many good young players will be wasted.
I’d be more concerned with the ultimatum from the owner. Just doesn’t seem to inspire confidence in your team…

Aaron is washed. He thinks he has one more magic type season left in him like Brady did with the bucs. I don’t think that is the case. I keep reading that he didn’t look like himself last year in GB. That’s because unless the O-Line can give him tons of time, he gets nervous and good decision making goes out the window.

That’s probably age related, but also holding himself in such high regard, surely it can’t be his fault, it has to be the line, receivers, coaching..etc. What he forgets is that they brought in the guys he wanted…they let him dictate the plays he wants….at some point it has to fall on him.

Injury was a fluke thing, could happen to anybody. But past that now, he should be ready to go. Hell he has had an entire year of rest (minus the injury rehab).