• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nica Libre - Diplomatico + Principle

ad720

I noticed no one has posted about these yet, I figured I'd share my first impressions. Sorry for the rambling nature, I didn't sit down with the intention of doing a full review.

I got 2 samplers of these in last week and decided to try a couple ROTT.

The Nica Libre line has a San Andres Maduro wrapper (which is *supposedly* the same as on the PAM series), a Habano binder and all Nic long filler. The construction is pretty good, no major bumps or veins and consistent wrapper shade. Based on my experience so far I don't think these wrappers are dyed.

First I had a Diplomatico (7x50) hanging out with my FIL. Paired it with a Coke Zero. I was conversing quite a bit so I wasn't really paying super close attention but I did pick up hints of bitter chocolate with a bit of spice. It had that Nic fullness/richness that I like. The burn was very good, very even and the draw was very good until about 3/4 when it got really gummed up. It went out on me a few times but I'm chalking that up to being so fresh. It definitely tasted a little "green" at times, I think a little rest will do these a lot of good.

Next, a few days later, I tried the Principle (4.5 x 46) with a cup of Kona coffee. This is an ideal size for me on weeknights. I was able to direct more of my attention to this one, smoke a bit slower and taste more. I definitely still tasted the bitter chocolate but this time I got more spice which I think was the Habano binder kicking in a bit more due to the smaller RG. I also tasted some nuttiness and some very nice richness. This one was a little less green but that twanginess popped up once or twice. The Principle burned really well and did not go out on me at all and the draw was perfect down to the nub.

Overall I am super impressed with this based on the price (average around $60 a box). I grabbed a box of the Torpedo that I am planning on forgetting about for a while, I'm very interested to see what a year in the cabinet will do for these. Highly recommended.

Liked these sticks for a while until I started getting green leaves in the blends. ???