• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicaraguans

robusto

I've had a few different Nicaraguans but my local stores don't carry many of the brands I see advertised on the internet. Any opinions on Mantequillas or Rosa Cubas or some of the other NATSAs? How do they compare with La Fincas for an everyday budget cigar? I've seen some good feedback on Mantequillas but hesitate to buy a box of cigars without ever smoking one.

I don't have any experience to draw from, but goto jrcigars.com...goto the bulletain board section, then do a search on one of those brands...I hear some people rave about Manteqilla's and others say thumbs down to La Finca...but go check it out your self.

Emo

Ditto when Emo said. The brands you mentioned are JR Cigars brands and there's a lot of info about them on the JR BB. I've smoked the Mantequilla, Rosa Cuba, La Finca and others like Villar y Villar that are made by NATSA but it was years ago so I'm out of the loop on these cigars nowdays.

Aloha,

Wade

Hoyo de Nicaragua has a new "anni" out that Cigar Dave touts as being delish...

Emo

Also try Mayorgas, a Nicaraguan puro. Great cigar at a good price.

Mantequilla is a mild, smooth cigar that is very enjoyable, especially the maduro torpedos. The last La Finca(La Stinka!) I had was about a year ago and was terrible. But there are folks that swear by them.

Nice, sweet maduro flavor. Good with coffee.