• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicotine Poisoning

Setren

In light of my little incident with nicotine poisoning yesterday (x.x), I thought I'd ask you guys how you deal with it?

All I could do was try to rest, throw up, drink water and gatorade, and feel really bad.

I don't want to give up smoking cigars, so I'm wondering if anybody knows any good ways to curtail the effects of nicotine poisoning or avoid it in general? I know apparently eating a lot before smoking helps, but question is why?

Thanks for the input!

(P.S. Yeah, I know I'm a wuss :rolleyes:)

sugar helps counteract the effects.

when you "dose" anything on an empty stomach it hits faster and harder, as your body has nothing else to digest or to cut down on the rate of uptake.

hmmm, wonder what plugging a cigar is like... er wrong board.

Smoke outside and avoid inhaling any of the "second hand smoke." Everyone talks about the nicotine buzz from Opus Power Rangers and I found that I had zero buzz after smoking mine outside.

As far as feeling better goes, I usually just take a quick 15 minute nap and I feel better (in the rare event of a nicotine-heavy experience).

I find drawing harder and exhaling through the nose helps. :whistling:

If you're new to cigars, always eat something first. Sugar is a great way to kill the buzz. Coke works great, or eat a packet of "Sugar in the Raw". Anything sweet will kill the buzz.

Start off by only smoking after eating, then once you get used to it, you'll be able to smoke without having to eat. You'll get over this hump, and when you do, you'll enjoy cigars even more. Plus, try to smoke lighter cigars, don't go for the full bodied cigars yet. Work your way up to those. Hope this helps...

I'll expand on what Anvil said. Pick a day you decide you want to concur this sickness. That morning, as soon as you wake up, drink a double espresso with a Padron 1926 #35 Maduro. Follow that with a LFD DL Chisel, and then its cousin, the LG Chisel Puro.

Close out the day with a 'fresh' (new, not aged) Fuente Fuente Opus X. Either the Power Ranger or Perfexcion #5 will do quite nicely.

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='632713' date='Mar 15 2008, 04:54 PM']As far as feeling better goes, I usually just take a quick 15 minute nap and I feel better (in the rare event of a nicotine-heavy experience).[/quote]

If you do this during a HERF on a boat people will call you old :blush:

[quote name='CigarStone' post='632785' date='Mar 15 2008, 07:22 PM'][quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='632713' date='Mar 15 2008, 04:54 PM']As far as feeling better goes, I usually just take a quick 15 minute nap and I feel better (in the rare event of a nicotine-heavy experience).[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, 21, I'm falling apart :p . I used to be a smoker/dipper so I don't usually have too much problem with the nicotine. Boat herfing sounds fun... anyone from DFW ever been to Cedar Creek lake?

If you're new to cigars, always eat something first. Sugar is a great way to kill the buzz. Coke works great, or eat a packet of "Sugar in the Raw". Anything sweet will kill the buzz.

Start off by only smoking after eating, then once you get used to it, you'll be able to smoke without having to eat. You'll get over this hump, and when you do, you'll enjoy cigars even more. Plus, try to smoke lighter cigars, don't go for the full bodied cigars yet. Work your way up to those. Hope this helps...

Thanks, I'll definitely try that along with the other suggestions!

I'll expand on what Anvil said. Pick a day you decide you want to concur this sickness. That morning, as soon as you wake up, drink a double espresso with a Padron 1926 #35 Maduro. Follow that with a LFD DL Chisel, and then its cousin, the LG Chisel Puro.

Close out the day with a 'fresh' (new, not aged) Fuente Fuente Opus X. Either the Power Ranger or Perfexcion #5 will do quite nicely.

Hah, I might be able to do the Perfexcion #5, still have stepthirteen's that he gifted to me.

My last bout with the nicotine sickness was horrible, unfortunately it waited till I had finished smoking and was driving my car, not the best place to be. I was able to pull into a gas station, and I bought 1 coke and a small bottle of apple juice. I slammed the juice and sipped the coke and within minutes I was all good.

As far as feeling better goes, I usually just take a quick 15 minute nap and I feel better (in the rare event of a nicotine-heavy experience).

[/quote]

Yea, 21, I'm falling apart :p . I used to be a smoker/dipper so I don't usually have too much problem with the nicotine. Boat herfing sounds fun... anyone from DFW ever been to Cedar Creek lake?
[/quote]

Yep, my parents have land down there so we are there quite a bit in the summer.

I usually drink soda while smoking, and I try not to smoke on an empty stomach.

Heh, the last time I had a nic hit, I ended up curling-up naked and going to sleep.
At the time, my original plan was to get home and take a shower to get refreshed.
But, the instant that water hit me, I felt incredibly nauseous, and just decided, "F-it", and got out of the shower.
I then dried off abit, stumbled to my bed, and passed out.

Good times...

Heh, the last time I had a nic hit, I ended up curling-up naked and going to sleep.
At the time, my original plan was to get home and take a shower to get refreshed.
But, the instant that water hit me, I felt incredibly nauseous, and just decided, "F-it", and got out of the shower.

Good times...

Is it me or was there just way too much information here...

I find the best way to get rid of the nicotine buzz is a whole mess of Dirty Vodka Martini's.

Fish

A spoon full of sugar and a couple of minutes lying down is about the only thing that works for me.

Good times...

I find the best way to get rid of the nicotine buzz is a whole mess of Dirty Vodka Martini's.

Fish

Fish, that made me laugh!

this is generally what I do, but regular vodka martinis'

Good times...

Fish

Fish, that made me laugh!

this is generally what I do, but regular vodka martinis'

See folks, it works! Vodka cures what ails ya. For more alcohol related remedies just PM me (or Mark).

Fish