• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noob Question: Which cigar ashtray to buy?

MTovarez

Michael
Hello guys. I need help!

I'm new to smoking. I love cigars so far. I'm in need of an ashtray, and here's an idea of what I am looking for: ceramic or marble (not plastic nor crystal), one I can share with a friend or two, and one that will hold a Churchill well. I've looked online, and I like the Padron ashtray and Stinky's big ashtray.

1. Is there another I should strongly consider?
2. Is there a physical location (I'm in Houston, TX) where I can purchase one of these, or do I have to order online?
3. Does anyone have an ashtray for sale that would fit what I like?

I think my downstairs neighbor is tired of finding cigars in her bushes. :whistling:

I have a Stinky (no relation) stand in the garage with a 4-finger bowl. I love it.

Stinki

IMO, the padron is just like any other similar style ceramic ashtray (for example, tatuaje, cohiba...). Just has a nice padron sticker on it. I like the CAO cubist and the dupont x-tend ashtray. But whatever looks nice to you and suits your needs. By far my favorite now is the oneoff ashtray gifted by a fine member here. ;)

Stinky has made a bad name for himself around here, but I have one and it's a great ashtray. Holds a ton of ashes, but sometimes balancing them on the little feet can be difficult.

Good luck in your decision. :)

Get a stinky. They don't break when the day comes when they hit the patio...... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Damn,.....I have two stinky's and love them but I hate to patronize any asshat! maybe they will become outdoor ashtrays.

Stinky has made a bad name for himself around here, but I have one and it's a great ashtray. Holds a ton of ashes, but sometimes balancing them on the little feet can be difficult.

Get a stinky. They don't break when the day comes when they hit the patio...... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Damn,.....I have two stinky's and love them but I hate to patronize any asshat! maybe they will become outdoor ashtrays.

Stinky may not be the most popular guy around here... but his ashtrays are the best, IMO.

I have 2 Stinky ashtrays.
Unortunately the poorly welded cigar holders seem to fall off.
But they do hold alot of ash!

Regards - B.B.S.

Stinky may not be the most popular guy around here... but his ashtrays are the best, IMO.

I agree, but I would rather have second best then spend my money and support an asshole like that.

BTW - The reason I sat down to talk with him in Vegas was to ask his advice on re-attaching one of the fingers that had fallen off the ashtray.

Regards - B.B.S.

I agree, but I would rather have second best then spend my money and support an asshole like that.

BTW - The reason I sat down to talk with him in Vegas was to ask his advice on re-attaching one of the fingers that had fallen off the ashtray.

Jonas:

I would use the two part epoxy that is used to make golf clubs. If it can hold a head on a shaft it is probably going to hold the stirrup.

Jonas:

I would use the two part epoxy that is used to make golf clubs. If it can hold a head on a shaft it is probably going to hold the stirrup.

That sounds like it would work, thanks!

....got a link to him showing his ass? I'm interested....

Sorry, they didn't allow flash photography. Going off of memory. :sign:

I was kinda glad someone posted this thread as I do not own an ashtray at the moment (other than some little cheap thing picked up at Wallyworld). I'm really liking the looks of the smokey marble ashtrays. I've been looking at them on CubanCrafters, however haven't pulled the trigger as yet. Anyone know of other places?

This may not be your style but I would visit flea markets, antique shops, and junk stores. There's a ton of ashtrays out there. Every home used to have them. Chances are you'll find something interesting and unique and you won't pay a ridiculous amount of money.

Doc

Doc is right on this one. I have a couple ashtrays that I made from giant oyster shells. Three big dabs of silicone on the the bottom and they are stable and a nice conversation piece too.

Excellent idea! There's a couple of second hand shops around and some old antique stores....Thanks Doc!!

If you're in Houston, go to the downtown Specs warehouse. I got my Padron ashtray there for $9.99. They have tons of choices normally, and during father's day their selection will probably go through the roof.

No one mentioned it yet, but I think the CAO Cubist ashtray is really cool.

Here's a link

I also think the doc's idea about hitting up some antique stores is good. In fact, I think I'll be checking a couple local ones tomorrow.

This may not be your style but I would visit flea markets, antique shops, and junk stores. There's a ton of ashtrays out there. Every home used to have them. Chances are you'll find something interesting and unique and you won't pay a ridiculous amount of money.

Doc

:thumbs:

Exactly!

Or hit a HERF and see if you win one!