• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noob question

vader745

guys - got a box of H. Upmann vintage Robustos (the kind with the oak wrapper)

Anyway - opened the first cigar and there were several small circular brown spots on the wrapper - not holes but light brown spots.

I did not put them in the humidor but left them in the box for now until I hear from others if this is a problem...

I can take pictures tonight if need be.

Any one know what that is?

Without being able to see them, what it sounds like you are describing to me are sun spots on the wrapper leaf.

This shouldn't have any effect on how the cigar tastes or burns.

Without being able to see them, what it sounds like you are describing to me are sun spots on the wrapper leaf.

This shouldn't have any effect on how the cigar tastes or burns.

X2...and FYI: that wrapper is cedar - not oak.

I have seen what I think you are describing on cameroon wrappers before, so I assume the spots are sun spots as described.

Thanks guys! :D That's why I joined this forum! Lots of knowledge to share..

Could have been a wrapper repair. According to some, this works well. CP Linky

If you followed the link above, you've just been exposed to a classic slice of CP history.
;)

Could have been a wrapper repair. According to some, this works well. CP Linky

Well. that got scary fast! ???

One thing I've noticed with tubos is that every once in awhile, there's significant discoloration on the wrapper . . . especially tubos that come from "that island." :whistling:

My thought has been that there's a wicking effect involved, with the cedar drawing oils from the leaf where it makes direct contact with wrapper . . . sort of a "pre-plume." But I've only seen it a couple times, so I assume it's either rare or directly related to temperature changes/extremes during shipping.

~Boar