• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nording Torpedo

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
Nording Torpedo
Size: 4 x 54
Wrapper: Costa Rican Maduro
Binder: Mexican
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Full

I'm still very new to this and this is only my third review so don't rake me over the coals to much. :sign:

I got this cigar from a friend who knows I like to try anything with a maduro wrapper on it. It had been a long day over here and was about to be an even longer night so I decided it was time to light up and calm myself a little. The Nording was my choice as I knew it would be a short, stout smoke.

Prelight didn't reveal a whole lot of flavor, just a slight bit of caramel. Initial light caught me off guard as the draw was exceptionally easy, even for a short stick. To come along with that initial shock was a mouthful of very strong, thick coffee flavored smoke that lasted about halfway through the cigar. Every now and again I would catch a hint of nutty flavor but it stayed predominantly coffee throughout the first half. The second half made a complete switch to a caramel cream flavor. It wasn't expected but I enjoyed it enough that I smoked it down to the nub and nearly burnt my fingers.

The burn was uneven but I negate part of that to the fact that it was windy here in Iraq that night and my cigars had just been shipped over a couple of days prior and I was still in the process of making sure they were getting back to a normal RH and temp. But the ash was tight and with a couple of touchups here in there it was time well spent. There were no major veins or flaws in this cigar. It also sports a very simple cigar band that gave it a touch of class in my opinion.

Over all I would give this cigar a 9 out of 10. I have been smoking cigars for a very short time and love exploring the different sizes, strengths and vitolas, but out of all I have smoked I would say this one has probably been the most enjoyable to me. Wish I could have gotten pictures (if you have seen my other two reviews you'll know I like adding pics) but I had to leave the camera with the wife at home after R&R. Enjoy all!

I remembered I saw the Nording label being a Rocky Patel brand and when I googled it, sure enough it is. If you like these, they can be found easily online and the price is very reasonable for a box. If these become your "go to" daily smokes, you're gonna have that Geico money wad staring at you every day on your humidor :laugh: :laugh:
Geicomoneywad.jpg