• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not so much a cigar review but....

Snoozer

But a lesson in cold weather! ;)

Its been cold and wet all day and the freezing rain just started but the wife is out Christmas shopping so I decided to brave the cold and go have a smoke on the balcony. :D I decided to have a Jose L Piedra creams since they're tasty but cheap so if it got too cold nothing would be lost. I have a bunch of creams, cazadores and petite cazadores but I decided to go with the creams since I've been smoking the petites a lot lately and didn't want to get sick of them.

100_1634.JPG

The weather: 0C (about 32F) 33km/h (about 20 mph) winds making it a wind chill of -6C (21F) ( I must be crazy)

The smoke felt a bit plugged near the foot like JLP's do sometimes so I unplugged it with my trusty paper clip.
100_1635.JPG

The first third was ok nothing to write home about earthy medium body.

It really picked up after the first third, probably because I managed to get past the plugged part fully at this point. It opened up to creamy earthy and leather tones. I really enjoy these, they are a great cheap stick.

100_1648.JPG

this is about where I gave up because the wind really picked up at this point. Cigars are few and far between in the winter months up here. I manage to get one in once in a while though!
100_1649.JPG

This is my first time using a punch rather than cutters. I gotta say I liked it a lot better I may use punches most of the time from now on. Less mess and chance of messing the cap up.

Now some "I'm cold and sad" pics LOL :laugh:

100_1629.JPG

100_1628.JPG

Good read. Somebody gave me five of those, and I thought they were great.

I used to punch my cigars. I should re-visit.

I also have to give you an At-a-boy for braving the elements for a good smoke. :thumbs:

Nice review Snoozer. These are a cheap smoke well worth trying. The petit cazadores are the best imo which is fairly new to the JLP line.

Bob