• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not too SUre

jgriddle

Crusty ole Fart Newbie
Hy Guys, :D
Been a long time. Well, to the point. I have a friend that gave me this "antique" humidor full of cigars. There is a sad ending to this story but first, I have never seen a humidor lined with copper (inside bottom, sides and inside lid) Is this really a humidor or what "
Now to the sad part of this story. Most of the cigars in it were covered with mold, I think.
I have been reading about the difference between bloom and mold and I think this is mold. What can I do with these sticks? Please advise.
This old fart has never run into this before. ???
Thanks

Jerry

I would only add that if you can wipe it off, like a powder, then it is bloom. Would love to see that humi too :D

Copper and aluminium, glass and porcelin were used to line humidors so what you have fits in with an old humi. Unless you know for sure the sticks are rare it is probably best to toss them and start over. If they are/were wet enough to have mold it will be on the inside too. TMK, if it is fuzzy you have mold and not bloom.

Copper and aluminium, glass and porcelin were used to line humidors so what you have fits in with an old humi. Unless you know for sure the sticks are rare it is probably best to toss them and start over. If they are/were wet enough to have mold it will be on the inside too. TMK, if it is fuzzy you have mold and not bloom.