• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now for more cigar news - not good

Pugman1943

My local B&M is 1.2 miles from me. The shop has the highest retail rating available as its carry's the full/complete line of Perdomo. The date, 5/2/22. I knew from the previous weekend Nick Perdomo would be there. I support my shop and wanted to attend. I was not alone and Nick was already surrounded by those who wanted to be close and get their question(s) answered. I sat away and left a open ear.

Nick was kind enough to pay his respects to a brother who had served in the Marines, and not to miss a good natured jab he says to that Marine ( you know that they are under the Department of the Navy ). Then he adds that he was in the US Navy at Miramar CA. Anyone else here navy? I gave him a nod and received as thank you. He was a Air Controller.

After 1 1/2 hours it was time to wrap things up. Nick stands up and says I need to tell you a few things. Three years ago we had 12 million sticks in the warehouse, today we have 3 million. We will not be passing out free sticks at events any longer. We are also down 300 rollers and can't find replacements, and the same is true of Fuente and Padron. Last week I received a call at 2130 hours informing me we had a container being delivered to our warehouse at 2400. I repeated 2400 and they said yes. I had to call in my day shift to unload it. Previously it would cost me $4000 for pickup and return. My cost last week was $15,000.

That brothers, for what it is worth was the synopsis of the get together. Considering what was posted today regarding ISOM's and the Fuente Hailstorm does cause me concern. I thought I should share this with you.

Yeah. One of my local B&Ms is really struggling right now and says he's been told by almost every rep and vendor to prepare for some real ugliness. He's had my number for years and would only call/text every now and again about stuff he knows I like.

But lately it's almost weekly. Notice my uptick in posts in latest purchase thread? He's giving me deals better than anything online.. and WAY better than any B&Ms. I'm pretty worried as it would be like losing a best friend if this place disappeared.

I'm helping and picking up some great stuff, but I can't keep his doors open for him. The Cuban news doesn't affect him directly, but he carries ALL the Fuente and I bet he doesn't even know yet.

Man... all this shit news doesn't seem to have an off switch in sight... when are the locusts supposed to start arriving again?? 🙄 😒

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ed. These are dark times for us brothers and sisters, for sure. The good side of it all is that there has really never been the level of quality cigars available that there is right now to choose from, even as many seem to be getting scarcer.

Talked to Nick yesterday when he was at our store for the start of Cfest & he was talking about the staffing issues.