• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now I'm sad..

TMarquis

Banned
Reaction score
Bought a Padron Serie 1926 No.2, and was enjoying the best cigar I had ever smoked, when about 1/3 into the cigar, it simply went out. I couldn't get it lit back up, so I cut off the end and tried lighting the new foot, which worked long enough to get a couple of puffs out of it, then it went out as well, nothing I could do about it. It had an uneven burn the first 1/3 of the cigar, but the taste was just SO good I didn't care, until it went out. This hasn't turned me off of them though, I have a No. 9 sitting in the humi waiting for me. Just wish this hadn't happened to a $17 cigar.. :(

Not sure what the problem was, I bought it from a new local shop and smoked it 30 mins later. I saw their readings, and their %'s were dead on perfect, probably just got a dud. The taste though.. OOHH THE TASTE! ;)

Sounds like their RH % may not have been reading right as that smoke had to be too damp going out like that.

Edited to add: It could have been sitting right where the humidifier was blowing. My local (well 40 mts away) B&M last time I went had their blowing directly onto one row of smokes and the inside of the cello was fogged up. I picked up a couple of the smokes and wow, spoooongy!!

Yea, I decided to let the other sticks I bought from them rest in my humi for a few days before I smoke them. If the first 1/3 hadn't tasted to good, it would've really got to me, just wish I had gotten to try the rest of it.

Kingantz is spot on.

I bought several CM5's from the largest B&M in Cape Town and they smoked great out of the shop. I went back for more, this time she had to
open a new box stored on top. Again I bought several, only this time the first two smoked so badly.

I had to wait over a week for the sticks to dry our somewhat and regulate to my 65% travel humi. When I went back again, I checked where the
box had been stored and sure enough, right next to the humidifier.

Brian

Kingantz is spot on.

I bought several CM5's from the largest B&M in Cape Town and they smoked great out of the shop. I went back for more, this time she had to
open a new box stored on top. Again I bought several, only this time the first two smoked so badly.

I had to wait over a week for the sticks to dry our somewhat and regulate to my 65% travel humi. When I went back again, I checked where the
box had been stored and sure enough, right next to the humidifier.

Brian

Interesting, he did mention the box of the 1926's having been moved this morning, and the original spot was right next to the humidifier as well. That was most likely the problem, just wish it had happened to a lesser cigar.