• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nub Habano 466

TheVitaleMob

Full Trucker Effect
Nub Habano 466
Wrapper: Nic Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Drink: Starbucks Sumatra

Well, it’s 4:05 AM, so a cigar is in order. Tonight it’s the Nub Habano 466.

Prelight: The wrapper is heavy on the barnyard smells, and the cold draw is perfectly loose, and tastes of barnyard, and there is a bit of spiciness on the lips.

First Third: Well, the light is spicy with quite a bit of pepper. However, a triple-flame lighter that close to your face will distract you from that for a few minutes. After about a quarter inch, the flavor mellows into a very dusty tobacco, coffee and earthy soil-ish taste. I would say that the cigar is medium bodied at this point. As I touch up the wrapper in a few spots, the pepper lightly reintroduces itself.

Second Third: Ash stand successful! The cigar is definitely earth and coffee now, and starting to increase in intensity. There is still a hint of pepper from the wrapper, but it’s squarely in the background.

Last Third: At this point, the cigar takes on a metallic taste, and it’s not particularly pleasing. With about 1.75 inches left of total length, the smoke is starting to get hot. This is considerably earlier than I would have expected. At this point, I knocked the ash off and noticed that the wrapper and a ring of tobacco about an eighth of an inch were not burning. Finished the cigar at this point at 4:54 AM, total running time was 50 minutes.

I think this cigar would do better if the spice from the beginning was the dominant flavor during the entire cigar. The Ring gauges certainly make it very tough to keep the wrapper lit. From reading other Nub reviews and my experience tonight, the Nub is definitely rolled too loosely. The Nub seems to have both construction and taste issues.

Overall score would be about 5.5/10.
Review.jpg

I enjoyed your review sir, thank you! :thumbs: I find the Nub's to be a bit spotty; sometimes I really enjoy them, other times they seem to be "Meh...". When found for a cheap enough price, they do make for a good short smoke though!

Thanks for the review.
I always wanted to try one of this bad boys and I just ordered a sampler of Nub's.
Looks like it wasn't that great of a smoke for you,hope you'll be more lucky next time.
From reading other Nub reviews almost everybody had trouble keeping it lit so I guess
its the construction of the cigar that might be the cause.

I smoked that one last weekend and the burn was fine but the taste was kind of dull to me. I bought the sampler so maybe with a couple months of aging the others will taste better. I do like the ring size though.

Looking at my notes I wrote when I smoked this cigar, I too had some burn issues with it. I thought it tasted okay but not very provoking. At any rate, the ring gauge puts me off. I like my cigars in the tamer 48-52 range.

The 466 is my 2nd favorite nub (Cameroon 466BPT is my favorite) so I was really suprised to see such a low rating on it.

I'm guessing I've smoked over 50 to 75 nubs since they've come out and I've had a couple of stinkers, but for the most part, they've been an excellent cigar. I suggest trying a second one as you may have just had a bad one. It's too bad you had a less than ideal experience with it.

From reading other Nub reviews almost everybody had trouble keeping it lit so I guess
its the construction of the cigar that might be the cause.

This has been my biggest issue with the cigars. It tends to go out much faster than other cigars I smoke when I leave it sitting. It does however, relight much better and with less nasty bitterness than other cigars IMHO.