• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nutty green beans with blue cheese and bacon

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
A very simple recipe that is pretty much fully described in the name.

1 lb. green beans, trimmed
3 slices bacon
4 oz. Shropshire blue cheese, crumbled or cut into small pieces (you can really use any kind, depending on how pungent you want the blue cheese flavor)
3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove beans from water and immediately place them in an ice bath.
In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium heat. Cook until crisp, and remove to paper towels to drain. Add beans to rendered bacon fat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the blue cheese and toss until it just starts to melt. Crumble the bacon and add to the pan. Top the dish with the pecans just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

My wife, not being a blue cheese fan, was very skeptical of this dish. She ended up loving it. We served it with a rosemary pork tenderloin main course.

Just made these with petite sirloin and fresh lobster tails. Very tasty indeed. Thanks for sharing

More than happy to share! I think the next recipe I'll put up is a straight chili I made a few weeks ago.