• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NY Times article supports Moki's argument

I posted the thing in the Wine section of the saloon.

This is great stuff - talks about some of the wine tasting tests that were administered both blind and when telling the tasters the price.

LINK

"The proverbial little red wine, so delicious in a Tuscan village with your sweetie, never tastes the same back home in New Jersey. Meanwhile, the big California cabernet, which you enjoyed so much with your work buddies at a steakhouse, ties tucked between buttons, doesn’t have that triumphant lift with a bowl of spaghetti."

Truckloads of truth right there. I also find that the first time I smoke something I have been highly anticipating, it is great. A week later, not the same.

Oh, and anything smoked in the wind; never as good.

"The proverbial little red wine, so delicious in a Tuscan village with your sweetie, never tastes the same back home in New Jersey. Meanwhile, the big California cabernet, which you enjoyed so much with your work buddies at a steakhouse, ties tucked between buttons, doesn't have that triumphant lift with a bowl of spaghetti."

Truckloads of truth right there. I also find that the first time I smoke something I have been highly anticipating, it is great. A week later, not the same.

Oh, and anything smoked in the wind; never as good.

No, no, no ...... a big Cabernet does not pair well with the acidity of a tomato sauce, ever. That comparison is just ...... duh. A Big Cabernet needs fat, that's why it does pair well with cheese.

Sheesh ...... damn wine newbies :rolleyes:

:cool:

As we all know, they would probably get the same results on cigars. We all know there are those $5 cigars that out perform many of those $10+ cigars. So much goes into the advertising and hype. As the old adage goes, "Enjoy what you like."