• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

O.J. gets the boot!

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
Way to go, Jeff Ruby!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: This guy is a piece of chit. It's good to see someone stick it back to him. :thumbs:

Owner Boots O.J. From Upscale Restaurant

Says He's Sickened by Attention Simpson Still Attracts
By BETH CAMPBELL
AP
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 9) -- The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby - who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. - said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.

Whats the method to prove refusal of service based on race? LOl

I'll have to eat there more often. We ran into O.J. at the Oaks, people were indifferent about him but I thought my wife was going to throw a drink on him.....

Very good move by the owner...that dirty rotten mother fucker should be kicked out! :angry:

Very good move by the owner...that dirty rotten mother fucker should be kicked out! :angry:

Totally agree, that SOB flaunts that he got away with 2 counts of murder. He should be eating out of the gutter in prison.

Ken

Dan...I can see your wife doin' that! LMAO!!! You should of encouraged her a bit more!! :thumbs:

Jerry...brother, you shouldn't hide your feelings, let 'em flow. Keepin' 'em pent up will just hurt you down the road!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! Call 'em like ya see 'em!!! :thumbs: :sign:

Floyd T.

Whats the method to prove refusal of service based on race? LOl

The argument doesn't matter. Just to bring this to a hearing is going to cost the restauraunt owner. That is one objective. Publicity for the dick with ears is another.

Looks like I need to make a road trip to eat in Louisville. I wonder if he allows cigars ... hell I need to give him one.

Seth

Not to be the contrarian, but that is my role, LOL.

I am all for the guy's right to serve whomever he pleases and to refuse service as he sees fit, but don't you guys find it a little shallow that this made it to the media?

Before I herald this guy for his actions I want to know how the media found out. If the restaraunt owner called someone and told the story then I think he is a tool also. If the media got it via another source then good for the owner. No one needed to know about this, it's a non story, and I want to know how it is that we know.

I am sure someone that was there something. I could be wrong. The crowd that was there that night wasn't your average crowd I can assure you of that. Someone there probably knew-someone-that-knew-someone.

If you hold a liquor license you reserve the right to refuse any one service at any time no questions asked. So it won’t even make it past the pre trial. This is why his lawyer wants to go after the restaurants liquor license which he’ll fail. Glad to see someone sticking it to OJ.

My guess would be the attorney for OJ called the media. He wants it out there to try to make Ruby look bad. Poor OJ, victim that he is! ???

As for Ruby smokin' cigars, hell yea he smokes 'em! He even sells 'em in his restaurants up here. :thumbs:

Floyd T.

Good move on the owner's part.

....insert that big hands clapping image......

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

Is Galant inferring murdering your ex-wife/boyfriend is a racial privilage for some?!

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Yeah, I never personally mess with murderes myself. But I'm glad Ruby did in this case.

Just saw a clip of the owner and he is a cigar smoker. The clip is on the CNN site.