• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

oasis 65-68%

gmoney

hey guys whats up? it am thinking of trying the cigar oasis in my 54qt. cooler. i have the diamond crown passive humidifer,my rh keeps creeping up but seems to be holding around 70-71% i heard the "oasis" can be adjusted to keep below 70? i use half this cooler for aging and the rest for holding my daily smokes, so i open it everyday to get a little air exchange.i have 2 digital hygros (dont ask why:) so i know my rh is ok (both units are within 2% of eachother)does anyone keep it like 65-68% with active humi units? any help would be greatly appreciated

:( :( :( :(

I am worse off than you! My coolerdor is maintaining 75 even. No smokes in it yet... I am hoping Vern's beads and a ceder box with some cigars will bring it down.

The RH will come down in time as you add cigars, boxes, and open it daily. Right now, there isn't anything to absorb the humidity. If you don't add any PG, it will slowly creep down. Once it gets to the level you want it at, add distilled H2O a little bit at a time(small doses) to maintain that level.
I keep my humi at 65-68 RH all the time. Where I live, the ambient RH is often higher than in my box. Since I can't smoke inside, I choose to keep mine on the drier side making it easier to smoke my maddies while outside.
If you have seperate bottles of PG and Distilled H2O, you could adjust the % of PG higher than H20 in order to bring down the RH.

Emo

Sorry gmoney i did not have any comments for you but a question for everyone. I have thought about buying an oasis but was not sure if they were any good. Seems a nice little bit of money for the thing. Anybody got one of these? If so are they any good? Can you really set it and forget it?

IMHO there are better options then spending the money on an active system unless 1. Everything else has failed 2. You plan on leaving your cigars unattended for weeks on end. There are solutions out there, especially if you are creative.

Emo

OK, here is a question for anybody, but especially Vern...

Is the Island Climmax Formula ready yet?

I know that 65 is supposed to be better for ISOMs, but I like my Non-ISOMs a little drier too, so Vern buddy, let me know when the 65% Beads are ready!!!!!!!!!

Now that's impressive. A newbie with something constructive to add on his VERY FIRST POST. Wascal - I salute you.
Let me be the first to welcome you to Cigar Pass. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

BTW, thanks for the link - I'm gonna order some once I get the OK from my better half... Unless Vern can give us a better price...? :lookup: Buddy? Pal?

Dave :p :D :p :D

since were on the topic of the beads. the sites on beads say to place in watertight open top container and place in humi. Does my sandwich container credo count, just take out the oasis block and fill it up? Does it install grill facing down or put in the bottom facing up? Someone school me. :)