• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

October baseball

Wrong Borough, but I'm looking forward to some evenings on the porch in the next few weeks with the radio on 880 am and a cigar... :p

Fair enough,

I'll be going with 660. Honestly though, can you really stand it when John Sterling goes nutty with that phony THHHHEEEEEE YYYYYAAAANNNNNKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS WIN! And all the names he comes up with when anyone hits a HR. Maybe I'm unfairly biased but he really irritates me. Bob Murphy was the best IMHO.

Yer right, he's pretty annoying. Seems more so with each passing year. :D

BTW, hats off to Omar, Willie and the Amazin's. It's been a great year. If someone has to beat the Yankees, I wouldn't be too sad if it were the Mets.

Fond memories of my first game - Mets and the Tigers at the Hall of Fame Game in Cooperstown with my dad. Got rained out partway through, but it was still a great day.

I've been waiting for the Mets to have a season like this since I was a tyke. I was just old enough to understand in '86, but not old enough to truly enjoy it. 2000 was a huge letdown, so I cant say the same about losing to the Yankees.

And yeah bfreebern, the Cubs deserve a ring. Ever been to Wrigley?

Not really a big Baseball fan, but its hard not to get excited for October baseball none the less. Go Rockies? damnit.

Let's go Twins!!

What a fun year this has been for baseball fans in the upper midwest! 11 games down at the break. 1/2 game out of first and 5 1/2 up in the wildcard with 2 weeks to go. A possible Cy Young award winner (Santana), possible AL batting champion (Mauer), and a real good case can be made for a MVP candidate (Morneau)!

What a ride!

It all starts fresh with the playoffs, and it's all about pitching.

Here's hoping for another subway series... :thumbs:

Wouldn't you love to see a second subway series! Two in a lifetime although I think it is a long shot.

The Mets have the easiest road to the WS assuming their shaky at best pitching holds up in that weak ass National League. Imagine being a Met fan and knowing that you have to rely on an unhealthy prima donna Pedro to pitch game one and potentially game 5, he will be removing himself from the game in the 5th inning.

The Yanks are my team but Minnesota is ROLLING at the moment and the team that is playing best at the end of the season usually goes far. Minn. is 44-22 .666 ball since the break.

Nothing is more annoying that Vin Scully's "Deuces wild" :rolleyes: what a dork....

Nothing? How about: "Bernie goes boom!". I'm sorry John, did you just tell me Bernie Williams shit his pants on the field of play? ???

1.Bernie goes boom
2.An a bomb from a-rod
3.The Giambino!

I could go on but my stomach is turning already.