• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ohio State - A Rant

jimmythesaint

Players fighting in the locker room at halftime? At least 6 personal fouls that I can recall before the 3rd quarter ended? Absolutely ATROCIOUS gameplanning? What the hell is going on here? I'm disgusted this morning.

1 - The layoff is killing us in bowl games. I am NOT saying OSU would have won with a shorter layoff. However, fundamental things like tackling begin to erode when you have long layoffs. Two years in a row that's been evident.

2 - Did anyone else see where Mel Kiper had Todd Boeckman the #1 junior QB? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If he's starting next year, then that speaks volumes about the talent OSU has on the roster at QB. If I'm Jim Tressel, I'm calling Terrelle Pryor every night and begging him to come to OSU. I have to believe that Henton takes the starting QB job in the spring, after Boeckman throws his 400th pass short and behind the WR.

3 - Do our receivers know any other routes? I understand the idea of 'doing what you do best', but when the other team is defending it quite well...did anyone run a post all game? How many quick slants? DO WE HAVE A F@#$ING TIGHT END?

4 - James Laurinitis is the most overrated football player I can remember at Ohio State, surpassing Nate Clements by a country mile. The next OSU fan who tells me he's better than A.J. Hawk, I am going to punch in the mouth.

5 - Vernon Gholston, I love ya, buddy. Would that you could have won a championship. Helluva player.

6 - Beanie Wells is the man. Too bad his Heisman run next year will be undermined by all the media and fans (accurately) pointing out that the Big Ten sucks, so he shouldn't win.

7 - I wonder if our Tressel knows that they are allowed to come up with creative schemes. OSU has always relied on having more talent. LSU had at least equal talent, and a creative offensive scheme. Result = fun happy awesome win.

I could go on for hours today, so I should probably stop now. I love the Buckeyes. I hope they fix whatever is causing this BS.

Players fighting in the locker room at halftime? At least 6 personal fouls that I can recall before the 3rd quarter ended? Absolutely ATROCIOUS gameplanning? What the hell is going on here? I'm disgusted this morning.

1 - The layoff is killing us in bowl games. I am NOT saying OSU would have won with a shorter layoff. However, fundamental things like tackling begin to erode when you have long layoffs. Two years in a row that's been evident.

2 - Did anyone else see where Mel Kiper had Todd Boeckman the #1 junior QB? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If he's starting next year, then that speaks volumes about the talent OSU has on the roster at QB. If I'm Jim Tressel, I'm calling Terrelle Pryor every night and begging him to come to OSU. I have to believe that Henton takes the starting QB job in the spring, after Boeckman throws his 400th pass short and behind the WR.

3 - Do our receivers know any other routes? I understand the idea of 'doing what you do best', but when the other team is defending it quite well...did anyone run a post all game? How many quick slants? DO WE HAVE A F@#$ING TIGHT END?

4 - James Laurinitis is the most overrated football player I can remember at Ohio State, surpassing Nate Clements by a country mile. The next OSU fan who tells me he's better than A.J. Hawk, I am going to punch in the mouth.

5 - Vernon Gholston, I love ya, buddy. Would that you could have won a championship. Helluva player.

6 - Beanie Wells is the man. Too bad his Heisman run next year will be undermined by all the media and fans (accurately) pointing out that the Big Ten sucks, so he shouldn't win.

7 - I wonder if our Tressel knows that they are allowed to come up with creative schemes. OSU has always relied on having more talent. LSU had at least equal talent, and a creative offensive scheme. Result = fun happy awesome win.

I could go on for hours today, so I should probably stop now. I love the Buckeyes. I hope they fix whatever is causing this BS.

You simply ran into better faster teams, not trying to rub it in or anything, that's just the way i see it. Team speed (not just receivers / backs) is a big factor, and i don't see any other conference that can match up w/ the across the board speed that the SEC has. Yeah, Michigan put a whooping on our ass this year, but they were motivated, UF was not, and we were also out coached.

Do you think the 1 week difference in lay off makes that big of a difference?

Laurenitis is better than AJ Hawk :laugh:

You simply ran into better faster teams, not trying to rub it in or anything, that's just the way i see it. Team speed (not just receivers / backs) is a big factor, and i don't see any other conference that can match up w/ the across the board speed that the SEC has. Yeah, Michigan put a whooping on our ass this year, but they were motivated, UF was not, and we were also out coached.

Do you think the 1 week difference in lay off makes that big of a difference?

Laurenitis is better than AJ Hawk :laugh:

Gator, while LSU was a bit faster it was not overpowering. A dropped touchdown, some ridiculous personal fouls, and defensive play calling were the difference in this game. I am sorry, but it was not the blowout everyone is making it up to be. The better team on that night did win. But this obsession that some have with their conference is a bit weird..........it is after all, only a game.

Well, I think being overrated is a problem. Secondly, they played some terrible football. In related topics, LSU ran right over them. And C, OSU has, and will continue, to suck.

Should I have red or white whine with this thread?

Get it...red or white OSU colors :p

Well, I think being overrated is a problem. Secondly, they played some terrible football. In related topics, LSU ran right over them. And C, OSU has, and will continue, to suck.

Umm yeah sure....good one.....insert stupid laugh here.

Who is running over who......Wells Vs. Mr. Jackson

The stats certainly show that LSU ran over the Bucks......but there is no arguing with insanity.

statsud0.png

It is my last post on this subject so continue to make yourself feel better however you can.

The 2 best teams played the week before. One of them beat Hawaii, the other dismantled Illonois.

Umm yeah sure....good one.....insert stupid laugh here.

Who is running over who......Wells Vs. Mr. Jackson

The stats certainly show that LSU ran over the Bucks......but there is no arguing with insanity.

statsud0.png

It is my last post on this subject so continue to make yourself feel better however you can.

haha, see ya next year in the football section, and i'll supply the crying towels ;) :p