• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oily Cuban Cigars?

Smok'em

I was gifted a "cuban" cigar unbanded. The cigar is suppose to be a private reserve or house brand, something like that. The cigar was well constructed, triple cap, very light wrapper. The ash was pure white and it didn't taste like a cuban cigar to me, but the cigar overall wasn't bad.

I don't believe it was cuban, but my question is on lighting the cigar the wrapper was very oily. I don't recall smoking any cubans that were very oily on lighting. Is this common?

Edit for clarification

Not referring to appearance or touch feel of the cigar. Clipped the cigar and put it in my mouth. No oily mouth feeling. Start lightining and right away a temporary oily feeling. I've expereince this on occassion with ncs, but never a cc.

From your description it is impossible to tell. All cuban cigars I have had tend to have medium to dark ashes. :thumbs:

I've seen several CC's that displayed beautifully oily wrappers. If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the attributes that the leaf is famous for.

Oily elastic wrappers.

edited for lame typing :D

Pure white ash is a pretty good giveaway that it was not Cuban....

I've seen several CC's that displayed beautifully oily wrappers. If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the attributes that the leaf is famous for.

Oily elastic wrappers.

Depends on the brand. Punch Punch for example has a silky smooth but dusty looking wrapper. Some Cohiba have a waxy shine to them, most don't. I'd say, in my personal experience, I've seen more of the "dusty" wrappers on most brands of Cuban cigars.

*edit* And I've never seen a Cuban that looked like it had been dipped into the crankcase and then wiped off... :sign:

If the 'gift' came from a shop in Vineland, it wasn't a CC, but the guy who owns the shops and rolls them is a VERY good roller (sorry, I forget what you call those guys), and has nice house stuff. But, he's a scumbag who sells fakes for silly $.

If the 'gift' came from a shop in Vineland, it wasn't a CC, but the guy who owns the shops and rolls them is a VERY good roller (sorry, I forget what you call those guys), and has nice house stuff. But, he's a scumbag who sells fakes for silly $.

Yay complete and utter non sequitur.

- Tim

- Tim
Touche.

I like stuff.

- Tim
Excellent call Tim!!