• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok, I'm building an ark.

jgohlke

My other hobby
In case you were wondering how it's going in Central Florida.

It's raining. And windy.

I came home last night to a leaking roof, broken A/C and a stuck shop door. Just one of those days. I managed to get a bucket jammed in just the right spot in the attic and will call the roof guy today. We just had the house re-roofed in May....

A/C guy is coming this morning. We did manage to dig into our "hurricane" supplies and found the window A/C unit. I got it temporarily installed in the bedroom. We bought it after the big 3 hurricanes in '04 and it was still in the box. I found it in the back of the shop under a bunch of other crap. After I pried the door open to the shop (swollen from the moisture) and uncovered the box, I discovered a jug of paint had leaked all over the floor, cementing the box to the floor of the shop. Nice.

Over the last day, it has been good and windy...coupled with the several days of rain, branches are falling out of the surrounding trees by the truckload. We've got holes in the porch screen, branches sticking through and can hear a few of the bigger ones hitting the roof as they fall from way up high. Gutters are clogged with debris and the yard is generally just a mess.

On the bright side, no flooding for us (we're on a little hill in our subdivision), no significant damage to house or car...and most importantly we're all safe. Plus it looks like Fay is on her way out of here...Finally!

Glad it's the weekend. Thinking maybe a nice visit to one of our friendly cigar establishments (we can still smoke inside!) might be just the ticket to wind down my Friday!

What's a cubit?

Shades of Bill Cosby!!

Glad to see you still have your sense of humor.

I hope the cleanup's not too demanding.

Take care,

Windy and rainy here this morning also. :(

This thing needs to leave the area.

On a side note, we are heading to the Keys this afternoon for the weekend and they should be done this storm. :thumbs:

Yeah that must suck. We were supposed to be in Disney this week, what a disaster that would've been. Had to postpone the trip until October, maybe we'll get a full blown hurricane that week. ??? I hear September and October are the two worst hurricane months down there, but don't know how accurate that is.

Those early Cosby comedy albums are pretty funny...I remember listening to them as a kid.

Hurricane season lasts for 6 months starting June 1 ending in November.

The last 3 months are usually the most exciting.

What's a cubit?

Shades of Bill Cosby!!

Glad to see you still have your sense of humor.

I hope the cleanup's not too demanding.

Take care,

That's funny, I immediately thought about Cosby's comedy routine about this.

Good luck Joe, come on up to sunny Ohio if you want to get away.

Just in case you were serious it's the distance between your elbow and your finger tips and if your not, remember to tell the rabbits, just two.

Doc.

Just in case you were serious it's the distance between your elbow and your finger tips and if your not, remember to tell the rabbits, just two.

Doc.

Yeah,

"....and have you looked down in the bottom of that ark?? Who's gonna clean up that mess down there?!?!? Not me!!"

LMAO!!!

:laugh:

In case you were wondering how it's going in Central Florida.

It's raining. And windy.

Yeap, that sums it up pretty nicely.

So far I have one leaky window but that may lead to some drywall and carpet issues, it's not exactly a small leak.

Depending on where you are roads are a nightmare. Some areas are having serious flood problems. I don't think we got hit this hard with rain even back in '04 when we where hit hard by those 3 hurricanes, and this was just a tropical storm.

Here's something I saw on the news that some of you may enjoy:

Kite Surfing

Glad to hear you made it through the storm without a terrible amount of damage Joe. My wife has a good friend south of Jacksonville, it sounded like some areas got hit pretty bad with flooding, washing out some smaller bridges and hotels along the coast. Best of luck in getting your place back in working order!

It is still pretty breezy here and still raining raining pretty good. Fay came through early Tuesday morning and dropped an ass load of rain. No flooding in this area but we got a couple holes in the screen for the lanai cage. Glad everyone only has minimal damage and all are safe.

I'm glad you guys are safe! The amount of rain you guys are getting is just impossible to deal with, especially when you throw in the stiff winds. Best wishes in the clean up.

Keep your chainsaws prepared and ready. Get some sailmaker's wax to help patch around windows that are leaking. Beyond that, you know the drill. spare water, food, light, and a place to go if the fecal matter hits the rotational turbulence generator.

I wasn't sure if anybody would get the Cosby reference. Not much gets by you guys...

Heard back from the roofer. He'll have somebody stop by this weekend and goop around the chimney. He was real nice about it and that should be that...

A/C guy came out this morning...they suspect all the electical flickering (on and off many times yesterday) fried the compressor. It's under warranty though, we just have to pay the labor. He thinks he can get the part today and get it installed today as well. That's good news...we don't want to live too many days in Florida in August without A/C.

I get to go home early today and I just looked outside, it's not raining!

Happy Friday!