• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok to smoke 'em in public?

Pyre

Back with a vengeance
Well, last week I went to my first cigar friendly establishment, and enjoyed a smoke and conversation with a fine BOTL from here.

But I am curious, is it OK to smoke isom's out in public? I'm wondering if that would make you look like a snob, or if someone (like a shop owner) would get mad about it?

Who cares.

You should smoke what you want. Where you want.

Unlees you are at a B&M.. Always buy a cigar or cogars from them If you plan on using their place to smoke. But of course you can always smoke what you brought..LOL!!

If other ppl object to it than too bad.

I have noticed when I smoke a Habano.. Other cigar smokers will usualy stop by and conversate. I have yet to meet anyone who was rude or looked at me like I was a snob.

Tom Delay does, why should't you.

Doc.

Most won't know what you're smoking anyway, so go ahead. If you're afraid to look snobbish, just remove the band(if you actually care what others think). If I go to a local shop to smoke, I usually buy a few before lighting.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not really worried about looking like a snob. I just couldn't think of the right word to use besides "tool". I don't want to look like a tool.

Thanks

Yep to what Alex, Doc, and the ski bum said. I'd buy one or more as a gesture of respect, yank the band, and light up.

I smoke them in public and even give them out to share the :love:.

Gave one to a buddy one time out in public, "before the smoking ban", and you should have seen the look on his face. He thought he was going to be arrested on the spot!

His nervousness, and my LMAO at him made my day! :D

Thanks for posting this. :thumbs: I have been wondering about this myself!

Unlees you are at a B&M.. Always buy a cigar or cogars from them If you plan on using their place to smoke. But of course you can always smoke what you brought..LOL!!

My thoughts exactly and it depends on the shop. However, as long as you buy something from them and then decide to light up a Habano, I wouldn't think most owners would have a problem with that. You can always ask too.

I agree with the majority here. If I go into a B&M, I buy a few and then smoke what I feel like smoking. Most B&Ms keep cigars too moist for my tastes, so I rarely smoke anything off the shelf anyway. I've yet to meet a shop-owner that had a problem with it.

If I am at a lounge or bar that sells cigars, I always bring and smoke my own...they gouge the crap out of you. :laugh:

Thanks for the replies. I'm not really worried about looking like a snob. I just couldn't think of the right word to use besides "tool". I don't want to look like a tool.

Thanks

If you don't want to look pretentious, just remove the bands before smoking.

I agree with everyone here. When I go to my Local Cigar shop to hang out and smoke, I always buy a few sticks out of respect for the store.Kinda like paying rent for the use of the seat! :thumbs: