• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva "O" Robusto

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
Leaving the house this morning for the first day of my new commute (from 8 minutes to 25-30 minutes :( ) to work I thought I'd smoke something different. I picked up an Oliva "O" robusto out of the humidor. Nice dark wrapper with a soft feel to it.

Pre-light draw was good. I notice a nice aroma of cedar. The cigar lit with no problem. It burned straight for the entire cigar with no corrections needed (even when I had to let it go out for a few minutes when I had to stop by my old office to pick up a few things). Plenty of smoke with a great cedar aroma, with a medium to full body. The cigar did nor get any softer than what it was before I lit it. I pulled into the parking lot of my new office and sat in the car for about another ten minutes so I could nub this cigar.

I would recommend this cigar for everyone to try at least once. For me I've got about ten more to smoke. Need to find a good deal on these! :thumbs:

S- Those are pretty, good looking aesthetically, the "O's" are, but IMHO they are no better than the bundled Flor de Olivas that can be had for far less. They are not as "pretty" but are consistently pleasant to smoke.

I too like the robusto cigar size yet my commute now is more of a churchill.

Thanks for the reveiw.

Jerry

Shadow; I second the motion on the Oliva "O's." I don't smoke them all the time, but when I want something with a little twang to it...this is what I reach for. I smoked an "O" torpedo this past week and I enjoyed it.

(CAO Brazilias are also similiar to my taste buds.)

Jerry...thanks for the suggestion regarding the regular Olivas. I've never tried their bundle cigars, but I'll bet that they would be good...as you mentioned. The Oliva family makes good cigars, maybe not as good as the Fuentes, but good.

Sam :cool: