• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie O

Ttison

Oliva Serie O Torpedo Maduro
Ring Gauge- (6 x 52)
Wrapper- Nicaragua
Binder- Nicaragua
Filler- Nicaragua

Smoked this beauty last night after the depressing UGA performance. Hope they do better next week. Anyways back to the gar. Taking a look at it before doing anything you can see its just a beautiful dark rich looking cigar. This is what appealed to me in the shop. When I got back to my dorm last night I headed to my buddies room and he grabbed his stick out of the humi and we headed downstairs to the benches with our cokes, just in case. So I clipped the end a nice bit and took a draw before lighting. The intial taste was excellent, it had a good coffee and spice taste to it. Once I fired it up it the flavors changed to a nutty and a bit more spice. The second third was still spice but now earthy undertones. The last bit ended a little harsh with leathery taste and I didn't like it very much. The burn was really even all the way to the nub. The draw was a bit tough and I ended up clipping it after about 30 minutes. After clipping, it opened up and the draw was a lot better.Overall this was a pretty good cigar. I would recommend going out and picking up a single and trying it yourself.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1513]

Thanks for the review ttison. I have yet to try any Olivas stuff other than the Serie V torpedo. Tbh I wasn't really into the Serie V as much as some other folks I've heard from. I might just give this guy a try next time I head to my shop.

Yeah man I would def recommend at least trying it! You just have to mak sure you get a real good cut on it because the will get stopped up and the draw will not be good but other than that I thought it was pretty good.

I love some of Olivas offerings. The Serie V Maduro is awesome as is the Serie V Lancero.

My buddy was smoking a Serie V petit while I was smoking my serie O

Well I take that back it wasn't a petit just a Belicoso (5 x 54)

I am a big fan of Oliva. The serie G churchill box press maduro is also fantastic.

Hey Ttison, you ever been to Idaho? I heard they play football over there... :)

Haha yeah yeah man. Idk what happened to our boys, they just didn't show up. I mean they looked good in spurts but overall not very good. There is know explaination for their performance...

I am a big fan of Oliva. The serie G churchill box press maduro is also fantastic.
I haven't tried these yet but ill have to do that soon!

Never had a bad Oliva!

I bought a box of Serie O Maddie Churchills a few years ago and they just got better and better until, finally, I was very sad to smoke the last. :(

The Series G is my favorite cigar.
I have only had the O so far but I plan on trying the V soon!

Never had a bad Oliva!

I bought a box of Serie O Maddie Churchills a few years ago and they just got better and better until, finally, I was very sad to smoke the last. :(
Ahh that is sad and I do imagine they age quite well!

I have one of these in my humidor. Can't wait to smoke it especially after your review. I have heard good things about the Olivas in general and this will be my first. If it wasn't in a 5 day rain out here I would be smoking that tonight.

Oh Ttison Penn State won... Just saying

I have one of these in my humidor. Can't wait to smoke it especially after your review. I have heard good things about the Olivas in general and this will be my first. If it wasn't in a 5 day rain out here I would be smoking that tonight.

Yeah man its been storming here in GA and thanks for the taunt haha it's much appreciated. The cigar though was beautiful! I can't say enough about it. I'd take a good size coke with you though just in case, my buddy got hit pretty hard.

Yeah man its been storming here in GA and thanks for the taunt haha it's much appreciated. The cigar though was beautiful! I can't say enough about it. I'd take a good size coke with you though just in case, my buddy got hit pretty hard.
I ended up smoking something else tonight instead. I figured I will wait for a nice day to really enjoy this cigar.

I ended up smoking something else tonight instead. I figured I will wait for a nice day to really enjoy this cigar.
I gotcha man well its a good smoke for anytime so enjoy it when you fire it up!

Well I finally got around to smoking it tonight and was as impressed as I thought I would have been. It seemed not to burn evenly for me I don't know if you had this same problem. It wasn't as strong as I had thought it was going to be. It was still a decent cigar. I would like to try it again. Maybe I just got a bad stick.

Yeah I had a little problem with it burning even but I just made a correction with my lighter and it burned even the rest of the time. I also clipped mine again about half way through because of the tar build up but it really wasn't a bad build up.

I had no problem with tar build up. Like I had stated the only real problem I had was with it staying lit. I had to relight it a few times it seemed.