• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V, Maduro Especial

matthewjmichael

Original post here

Size: Torpedo, 6×56

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Jalapa Nicaraguan Ligero

Strength: Full

Price: $7.54 (Local)

Grade: 9.1

Appearance, 1.8:

The Serie V Maduro boasts a beautiful, oily wrapper that has great weight and a wonderfully crafted Torpedo shape. The wrapper is superb with no color changes or variations. There was however one slightly obtrusive vein and a very odd, raised transition in wrapping near the foot, otherwise the appearance would have ranked perfectly. The thick gold and red band complements the dark broadleaf wrapper excellently. The pre-light draw was perfect and the stick had a sweet aroma.

Burn, 1.8:

The draw during the burn matched that of the pre-light: perfect. It drew well from first light until I put it out. I did not have to provide any touch-up or re-light and the burn formed a perfect circle, with no runs, throughout. The ash held very well and was a nice clean white color. Very even burn.

Flavor, 2.5:

The flavor category is where I deducted the largest amount of points because the stick seemed to lack a bit of complexity and I anticipate a little more flavor that I received. I did not notice any shifts in the thirds of the cigar, nor did I detect any major profiles, other than hints of pepper mixed throughout. There was no harshness to the cigar and it was very smooth throughout. This stick has been in my humidor for about 4 months, which seemed to be a nice amount of time to remove a bit of the boldness. As far as flavor profiles, I would compare this cigar to the Rocky Patel Decade.

Overall, 3.0:

I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar; even with the $7+ price range, this still seemed a good value—though maybe more appropriate for a celebration than a round of golf. I would suggest this stick to anyone and it is box-worthy to me. It was worth all 754 pennies.

(Total: 9.1)

Thanks for the review! I have been interested in these Oliva V Maduro's as well...think I am going to have to give them a try too!