• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V Maduro Experience

LouieD

Is that a PSD4 you're holding?
Yesterday, a couple of us went into NYC to look at some shotguns at the Beretta Store on Madison Ave. It was a really nice day; so, after talking to Ed the gunsmith for an hour, we decided to walk over to the Davidoff store at Columbus Circle. The prices there are sky high, but the staff is very knowledgeable and super friendly. Kevin knows what I like and always recommends something tasty for me to try. I casually asked if they were going to get any Oliva Serie V maduros. Sure enough, they had just received several boxes. After making a few other selections, we got some coffee and decided to return to their small smoking lounge in the back of the store to smoke a couple of the new cigars that we had just purchased before heading off to Florio's in Little Italy for dinner.

Jerry and I decided to smoke the the Serie V maduro. It has a wonderful dark wrapper with a sweet earthy aroma. Prelight draw was perfect. Put the lighter to the foot and got an immediate blast of pepper and chewy, earthy tobacco flavor. I immediately realized that this was a really powerful smoke and might not have been the best selection since we had not had any lunch. That turned out to be an understatement.

We both thought that Serie V maduro was an excellent cigar and were enjoying the spicy, peppery flavors. About the half way point, I looked at Jerry and he had turned white as a ghost and started to sweat profusely. I thought he was going to passout :0 . Two minutes later, I had a buzz that was so bad I could hardly stand up. We had to put these bad boys aside and go get some pasta.

Bottom line here is that the Serie V maduro is a GREAT smoke IMHO, but I won't have another until after dinner.

Enjoy.... :p :p

Here's another smoke I am on the edge of my seat to try. Just found out that CI has them: Link

$73.50 for a box of ten & $38.50 for a five pack. I bought the fiver...don't tell my wife.

Here's another smoke I am on the edge of my seat to try. Just found out that CI has them: Link

$73.50 for a box of ten & $38.50 for a five pack. I bought the fiver...don't tell my wife.

Thats what LouieD just said he smoked - and I'm tellin your wife! :)

~ t

I had the pleasure of enjoying an Oliva V maddy a few nights ago, and must pile on with the rave reviews. It is not a cigar for the faint of heart. It provides a fantastic flavor experience, even burn, smooth draw, and wonderful smoke volume. I'd call it must-try - IF you're into spicy, full bodied, full strength cigars.

Thanks for that great review Lou. I haven't yet tried one, and probably won't unless I can get more.

Man, I am going to pull one of them out tonight and light it up. :thumbs:

Great review... funny as chit too! All I can say is it's about damn time. I've been waiting for the release of some new full flavored kick ass smokes. I can't wait to dive into these!

At least you guys did not get sick in the smoking room!! I just pulled the trigger on a box of these and cant wait till they come.

Thanks for the great review!

I smoked another one this evening with my Step Dad after we had dinner. I can't get enough of these. I've smoked one each night, the past 4 nights. Need to slow down on smoking them though or else I'll run out!