• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

one off perfecto on CI daily joes...

I've looked at those a few times...they look interesting. Hard to go wrong at that price...but I just hit the Gurkha Anniversario Perfecto special a few days ago, and the Bolivar Lonsdale special the day before that...twice!

You know, they really aren't that bad.

Here is a review from someone more trustworthy than myself:

MC Review

Pretty ballsy to originally ask $130.00 regular price for 10 sticks!

I read this review a while back....

Posted on 20-08-2006
OneOff Goes Half Off.
Received the recent Cigars International catalog I noticed the OneOff cigars from Andrea Molinari at almost 50% discount from MSRP. OneOff made a splash in 2001 when they were introduced, garnering a decent rating in CA. Couple that CA rating with the outlandish and high end marketing job by the OneOff folk and you had quite the conversation piece. Looks like that is where the cigars stayed, as conversation pieces.

The reason I remember OneOff was due to how they worked the RTDA shows that Rob and I have attended. The Molinari’s and their staff were always dressed crazily, in either fatigues, high end non-matching suits, or some sort of attention grabbing garb. They also served up decadent chocolate cigars at their booth one year. All things that make you remember a manufacturer, but they were not THE incident that makes me remember OneOff most.

THE incident is when they handed Rob and I a sample and stated their cigars were made in a way that they didn't need to be cut before smoking. Huh?!? These things had closed ends…I'll be damned if I am not cutting mine…which I proceeded to do. The ever trusting Rob took Mr. Molinaro for his word and lit his cigar and started pulling on the uncut end. Rob started turning red, then purple, and finally green as he could not get any draw through his smoke. He finally cut the cigar and proceeded to smoke an extremely average and overpriced cigar.

Cigars International writes that they don’t know why these cigars are being liquidated, but they acquired them all. Let me help them out. Gimmicks no longer sell in the cigar industry. Smokers are more savvy, and have more options than ever for good cigars. Half off is still pretty expensive for these smokes.

It’s a testament to all you cigar smokers that these puppies are in the bargain bin. Congratulations on not letting this marketing ploy pry hard earned money out of your wallet. Oh yeah, if you end up buying some of these…cut them.

That was 2 years ago! I guess for 3 bucks a stick, why not. I saw a 5er sell for 11-13 bucks a couple of days ago on CBid.....I think it was a different size though.

I pulled the trigger, why not, smoke a few send the rest.