• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online Poker

Darin

One of the things I enjoy doing while smoking is playing Texas Holdem on the WSOP app. While I prefer a live game, it scratches the itch. Anyone else play?

I used to play online before they made it hard to play cash games online. A girl in our little online crew won a seat to the 2006 WSOP, the last year of the .com money sites, the change to .net signaled the end of that era. WSOP made all the players either remove or cover up the .com on their hat/shirt logos that year- I still have my 2006 PokerStars.com hat and shirt (our girl got a regular swag bag plus a girl's swag bag, she gave me a hat and a shirt for staking her in some after hours cash games, she went out in the first day but we stayed for 4 days).

So yeah, used to have a lot of fun, haven't played in years. I played in a $20 buy-in home game for a while, but I like to drink beer while I play and when the games were over, there were 2 kinds of cars on the road, me and police so I quit that, too. Plus it was harder for me to play hard against friends as opposed to anonymous players.

A few years before I partied and hung out with a former WSOP champion in Vegas, didn't ever realize who he was. We were shooting craps maybe 20ft from his picture on the wall and I was clueless. That whole trip was a trip to remember, the stories I have are some doozies.

One of the things I enjoy doing while smoking is playing Texas Holdem on the WSOP app. While I prefer a live game, it scratches the itch. Anyone else play?

Every day. Did you find all 3 Easter bunnies?

I used to play online before they made it hard to play cash games online. A girl in our little online crew won a seat to the 2006 WSOP, the last year of the .com money sites, the change to .net signaled the end of that era. WSOP made all the players either remove or cover up the .com on their hat/shirt logos that year- I still have my 2006 PokerStars.com hat and shirt (our girl got a regular swag bag plus a girl's swag bag, she gave me a hat and a shirt for staking her in some after hours cash games, she went out in the first day but we stayed for 4 days).

So yeah, used to have a lot of fun, haven't played in years. I played in a $20 buy-in home game for a while, but I like to drink beer while I play and when the games were over, there were 2 kinds of cars on the road, me and police so I quit that, too. Plus it was harder for me to play hard against friends as opposed to anonymous players.

A few years before I partied and hung out with a former WSOP champion in Vegas, didn't ever realize who he was. We were shooting craps maybe 20ft from his picture on the wall and I was clueless. That whole trip was a trip to remember, the stories I have are some doozies.

Negreanu or Ivey? Both love craps.

Yup same. I use the Zynga app on Facebook. 24 billion chips and counting! Shame it's not real 😁

Damn. Did you complete that album thing with the "duplicate center"? And are slots still showing up when you log on? They just up and disappeared from my lobby a few weeks ago.

Won some, but some were gifted by the app over the years. Been playing since 08 I think. Slots still work on mine. Not like a couple hundred k makes a whole lot of difference to my balance mind!

No, before their time. This guy was Jim Bechtel, 1993 winner.

Ahh. Yeah, was 16 then and didn't know I liked poker yet. Think it was Chan and Brunson those days. Sounds like you had an epic time!

Epic players. I taught myself how to play watching poker after dark on YouTube. The new series is crap. Zero personality with new players. Just math geeks.

I remember playing on Carbon during the real momey days and did pretty well. Like you said though, that was the end of those times. Still lots of fun taking fake chips from donks! 🙂

I use to love playing! Had a small group of friends that would get together every now and then. Pretty sure it ended cause, everyone would drink and cut up with their hands and I would just sit back and wait for the right opportunity to strike. More than anything I loved the mental aspect of the game. Getting people use to the way you play your cards then switch up and strike out of no where.

Not sure ... I tend to ignore the promo's most of the time. What do you get?

It was a different prize for 3 days. Cash, new album cards, and... can't remember 3rd. Just a holiday promo similar to the others. I login everyday to collect the free loot but don't play as much as I used to. Especially after joining this joint!

I have about $240M. Can you manually add friends do you know? I've only hit the plus button on players from the tables to add friends.

I
It was a different prize for 3 days. Cash, new album cards, and... can't remember 3rd. Just a holiday promo similar to the others. I login everyday to collect the free loot but don't play as much as I used to. Especially after joining this joint!

I have about $240M. Can you manually add friends do you know? I've only hit the plus button on players from the tables to add friends.
I'm DWR on the tables. what's yours?

I also like online poker because I can play it anytime and don’t need to see any people. I sometimes like to play real poker with friends, but it’s hard to find a free evening and gather together. We all have families, and it’s not as cool as it was before. So, I use this online substitution.
It’s nice because you don’t have to bet much but still can win, especially if you use satta king. It gives you a glimpse of what’s happening behind the curtains and makes the right choice. This way, a fun game can also bring significant income. Sometimes I manage to make more than $500 a month.